Senior Principal Compliance Program Manager at Discover (Louisville, KY)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This role is responsible for the program management of strategic, enterprise-wide compliance initiatives/programs.
· Enhances governance, oversight, and consistency around first and second line of defense monitoring activities.
· Collaborates with key stakeholders to deliver and enhance management reporting related to monitoring and business change management activities and associated compliance risks.
· Develops and manages strategic, enterprise-wide initiatives, defining top priorities to improve and enhance the program. Consults with business partners on strategy development.
· Leads and manages cross-functional work groups and work streams from multiple first line and second line business units. Works with all levels of management.
· Manages, creates, and develops all aspects of project plans and project/program management, including but not limited to tracking all aspects of initiatives, status reporting, communications, initiatives, issues, and achievements for a variety of audiences.
· Addresses regulatory findings as well as emerging issues.
· Leads the development of reporting infrastructure that would allow for system automation and information accuracy improvements.
· Works with business and other departments, such as Compliance to define trends, opportunities, root causes, and enhancements. Assists with tracking and monitoring the progress of enhancements
· Schedules periodic brainstorming and strategy sessions and debrief sessions with business partners to discuss future visions and program enhancements, as well as identify issues and opportunities.
· Manages project testing efforts in the creation of plans to test business and functional processes during systems development and testing. Maintains the alignment of delivery success criteria with business partners.
· Delivers requests and projects within a committed schedule and quality for individual projects while also meeting overall performance goals. Identifies needs, secures commitments, and monitors progress of deliverables from internal and external service provider teams.
· Develops and builds process/responsibilities into a sustainable process and business as usual environment and one that supports continuous improvement.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelor's Degree
· 8+ years of experience in Compliance, Project Management, Process Management, Audit, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.