Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Compliance Strategy team at Coinbase is looking for a Senior Manager of Program Management to lead strategic initiatives at Coinbase. This key role will build out a Program Management team to support all cross functional strategic compliance initiatives. A successful candidate will need strong builder skills, working at ground level to get the organization off the ground and delivering value quickly.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Serve as the owner to directly manage and deliver key cross functional strategic initiatives within Compliance
- Build and influence relationships between various internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the scoping, resourcing, budgeting and organization of cross functional initiatives
- Perform core Program Management activities such as capacity planning, trade off discussions, process improvements, development of staffing plans, program roadmap, risk management, financial management and budgeting
- Ensure Compliance resources are allocated to the most strategic needs by understanding the company’s product and engineering strategy
- Work with Business Operations, Strategic Programs, Customer Operations and other stakeholders to ensure all cross functional requirements are understood, prioritized and delivered
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 10+ years of experience in program management or product management
- 6+ years experience leading initiatives within FInTech, Payments or Financial Services industries
- Critical thinker who has a consistent track record in finding win win solutions across various teams with competing priorities
- Ability to adapt quickly to evolving program needs while effectively articulating tradeoffs and recommendations
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into tactical action plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems or related field
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Agile processes and tools
- Experience in top tier consulting or FinTech firms
- Experience building a program management organization
- Advanced degree (Masters, MBA)
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.