Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Strategic Sourcing and Vendor Management:
- Build the function that supports the product and engineering teams with their sourcing and vendor management needs globally
- Mentor other sourcing team members
- Conduct extensive contract reviews and negotiations across all product and engineering categories to ensure Coinbase secures favorable business terms which include cost reduction and process improvements.
- Specific project tasks may include market research & analysis, data collection/management, cost modeling, RFx strategy development, RFx creation and management, supplier communications, negotiations, contracting, and supplier performance management.
- Manage to collect product and service specifications from business owners for RFx activities and vendor business reviews.
- Spearhead the development of award scenarios and recommendations for stakeholder evaluation, consideration and decision-making.
- Run the execution of spend management projects that accomplish key objectives. Those objectives may include savings, process effectiveness, supplier consolidation & management, risk reduction & management, improved transparency & control of expenditures.
- Perform total cost of ownership evaluations, perform supply-market research and conduct pricing audits and impact analysis for the pursuit of continuous cost improvements.
- Leads QBRs with the supplier and the business to obtain optimal strategic outcomes
- Measure, handle and improve supplier performance against negotiated SLA s and quality metrics.
Third Party Risk Management:
- Collaborate with and support the Third Party Risk Management team in initial review and ongoing monitoring of vendor risk.
- Support TPRM team in managing internal and external expectations during vendor risk assessments.
- Act as the external-facing representative for Coinbase for vendor communications during risk assessments.
- Proactively engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure risks associated with working with vendors are identified and escalated to the TPRM team.
- Work with vendors to remediate risks identified by Coinbase.
- Collaborate as needed with each and every person in the organization in a personable, approachable manner.
- Support internal customers by facilitating accurate and favorable transactions, and on-going supplier management and accountability
- Collaborate to build best spend management practices and technology trends
- Effectively communicate the impact of sourcing decisions to Business Partners and leadership as appropriate and proactively enlist their support.
- Communicate with Business Partners, coworkers and management in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of ‘Customer Focus’ attitude.
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- BA/BS preferably with an analytical focus (Business, Economics, Accounting or Engineering)
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years of management experience building high performing teams
- Excellent quantitative skills with the ability to dissect problems
- Demonstrated data guided approach to solving problems
- Demonstrated skills in rigorous, fact-based analyses that drive creative problem solving, proposal preparation, and negotiation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail
- Experience in negotiating enterprise software agreements and drafting outsourced services contracts
- Experience in the nuances of XaaS purchases, licensing models and associated agreements
- Experience analyzing data and making recommendations on sourcing opportunities
- Passionate about Coinbase and the future of digital currency.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.