Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is seeking a Senior Strategy Manager who is passionate about driving growth at a fast growing software company with a unique business model, and playing a key role in the development of our Strategy & Business Operations team. If you are looking to make a big impact, partner with world-class talent, and take your career to the next level, we encourage you to join us in this exciting journey. You are a good fit if you are driven, highly organized, a self-starter, analytical, and have a strong business acumen.
At Atlassian, the Strategy & Business Operations team is a high impact and visible team that works closely with product & business leaders across the company. Using your business insight, analytical skills and creativity, you will partner directly with product leaders in our Enterprise Cloud team. You’ll take a leading role in driving strategy, growth, and business operations. You’ll own projects from inception to execution and delivery, ensuring that the solutions you develop are creative and offer high-quality and meaningful recommendations to business partners. You'll also quarterback aspects of the month-to-month business operations, growing visibility and accountability around business metrics that drive growth.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Partner directly with product, go-to-market, analytics and finance teams to help prioritize product roadmaps, deliver strategic recommendations and analyses, and develop product & go-to-market strategies that drive growth for the business
- Drive and influence multi-year vision for what we build and the markets we focus on
- Drive strategic decision-making and help inform business decisions through analysis, research and insights
- Support our Enterprise Cloud Product Leaders on critical company-wide initiatives to strengthen adoption of Atlassian’s Enterprise Cloud offerings
- Build financial and analytical models to identify measurable insights, exercise sound business discernment, and develop recommendations to influence and drive consensus across functional leaders
- Contribute to the monthly process to monitor performance, including driving the product metrics review cadence and "quarterbacking" a cross-functional team to diagnose problems when they occur
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 5+ years experience in two or more areas of: business operations, strategy, product, go-to-market / sales strategy, monetization, strategic finance, or similar
- An understanding of Enterprise Software business models
- Demonstrated experience in driving business case development / strategic recommendations from end-to-end
- Proficiency in financial modeling and building revenue and cost drivers
- Strong proficiency with Excel and experience using SQL
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills with all levels of an organization
It's great, but not required of you to have:
- An MBA
- Experience driving out quantitative customer research
- Knowledge of BI tools and technologies (e.g. Tableau)
More about our team:
We are a hardworking and collaborative team with a unique mix of backgrounds from the technology, consulting and financial services industries. Our responsibilities include driving product strategy, growth through monetization, go-to-market initiatives, as well as leading the ongoing business operations that support the business. We encourage decision-making at every level and highly value an open-minded approach and organizational transparency. We embed deeply within the product teams, and also work closely with business leadership across multiple other functions including marketing, analytics, finance, and more to support the company’s continued growth. You'll join a team that is not only intelligent, motivated, and passionate about Atlassian's products and customers, but also fun to work with
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.