Senior Executive at NielsenIQ
This role is designed to contribute to and manage automation projects within the GCD team. Focus will be on all types of automation including RPA - identifying opportunities and executing automation projects as well as supporting / guiding other team members to do the same.
1. Automation opportunity evaluation: Assist in the evaluation of existing manual processes to determine best processes for automation as well as best type of automation to apply to the process. Identify opportunities with the biggest impact in line with team priorities using tools and criteria that are to be developed in role.
2. Best Practice: Identify existing automation best practices within the team and develop workstreams to ensure these are shared and embedded across the team. Focus on automation types that can be managed within the team with training and support. Actively look for best practice outside of the team (and Nielsen if applicable) to bring new ideas and approaches to automation solutions.
3. Process support and improvement: Ensure critical outcomes are met for each project, program and/or portfolio for which you or your stakeholder is responsible. Understanding the links and dependencies between the projects and other in-flight projects and/or business initiatives.
4. Project execution: Identify and own several high impact/higher complexity automation projects, working with key stakeholders to ensure team and client needs are met and capacity is released.
5. Project management: Create and maintain an overview of all automation projects progress and status, provide regular management report outs. Highlight risks and issues, escalate for senior management support when required.
6. Training & support: Develop and deliver training sessions for automation types that can execute and manage within the team. Create & host forums for those involved in automation projects to share learning and provide support. Create an automation mindset within the team by highlighting benefits, showcasing case studies and being an advocate for automation.
7. Stakeholder Management: Influence individuals regarding issue resolution, problem solving, or championing the project management value proposition.
· Key interface relationships (internal)
o GCCD Leadership team
o Analytics COE
o Global Snapshot team
o Analytics Industry teams (above market)
o Global Client CD Response Partners
o Coverage Intelligence team
o Automation COE
o Wider Global Client Delivery team
o Global CBPs
o Other Nielsen partners as required eg. DSci, GSC, Global Performance Reporting team
· Number of employees managed: None - Individual Contributor
· Number of third-party employees (contractors/outsourced) managed: None - Individual Contributor
· The role is global/regional/local: Global
· Other factors indicating size/complexity of role:
o Knowledge of Global clients and their above market needs
o Knowledge of Nielsen data, user interfaces (software), internal and external Nielsen tools
o Few tools, WOW, processes already in place - these require development in role
o Large automation targets to achieve utilizing new technologies
o Strong technical knowledge requirementsQualifications
(list the critical experience, knowledge, qualifications, skills, and competencies needed to perform this role - over and above standard Nielsen leadership and personal effectiveness competencies). Mark each with E=essential, P=preferred.
· Proven skills in understanding complex processes and representing them in a simple and open manner - E
· Project management experience - E
· Data management background - E
· Strong technical skills, particularly in automation, including but not limited to RPA, Python, R, macros, scripting, Google tools - E
· Good understanding of Nielsen Retail Measurement data and Global Client requirements. - E
· Strong communication skills – very good English - E
· Ability to build relationships across regions and cultures to establish a network -E
· Excellent administrative and organizational skills to track the status of projects and manage diverse workload - E
· Ability to work under pressure and to ask for support when required – E
· Experience in a multi-country role/environment - PAdditional Information
NielsenIQ is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. We provide consumer packaged goods manufacturers/fast-moving consumer goods and retailers with accurate, actionable information and insights and a complete picture of the complex and changing marketplace that companies need to innovate and grow. Our approach marries proprietary NielsenIQ data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.niq.com.
NielsenIQ is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.