Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Senior Contracts Administrator
As a Senior Contracts Administrator within the National Defense (ND) contracts department, reporting to a Manager, Contracts, you will assume individual contributor responsibilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for collaborating with other employees in the department, cross-functionally and with program personnel, and for establishing effective and positive relationships with customers.
- Provide contract negotiation and administration on a variety of programs encompassing all phases of the contract life cycle (pre-proposal - contract close out).
- Review contracts and related documents to assess risk to the company and recommend mitigation approaches and ensure compliance with various federal regulations and Ball Aerospace policy.
- Provide contract administration functions in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Work with program and customer management to determine and meet program requirements.
- May form and administer contracts.
- Review and interpret contracts, modifications and change orders; prepare contract review records and obtain necessary management approvals.
- Recommend and implement negotiation strategies and techniques.
- Participate in contract-negotiating team.
- Participate in change proposals and their negotiations.
- Prepare presentations for program and customer management review.
- Prepare sales and profit accruals.
- Participate in the development of contract systems and procedures.
- Develop and provide required information to Supply Chain and Program Management organizations.
- Prepare and maintain required contract administration documentation in accordance with company procedures and government regulations.
- May act as official company liaison for and resolve contract matters with customer management.
- Coordinate the work of and assist in the training of other contract administrators.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Experience in Federal Government contracts preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communications skills, computer fluency, agile and effective negotiator with clear oral and written explanations required.
- A demonstrated background of legal, business, regulatory, and programmatic aspects of federal government prime and subcontract management preferred.
- Experience with major aerospace primes/subs preferred.
- Broad experience in working with customer RFPs to include: terms/conditions, Reps & Certs, negotiation strategies, Price Negotiation Memorandums, and negotiations, including the Truth In Negotiation Act (TINA) preferred.
- Experience with various contract fee arrangements (award and incentive fee contracts), cost reimbursement, fixed price, and T&M contracts preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Word applications.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.