Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!About the team:
The security engineering team at Robinhood falls within the Security and Privacy organization and focuses on services, tools, processes and solutions that enable Robinhood to build secure software with confidence.
The team is responsible for development and maintenance of a suite of services and security programs/solutions responsible for
- Security automation / automating responses to security alerts and events
- Managing security infrastructure
- Identity systems
- Critical production services
- Crypto services
- Champion our security engineering tools and services, understanding our principles and requirements, and the associated technical and operational work required
- Drive alignment and execution of cross functional security initiatives
- Prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple project simultaneously; ability to work against aggressive schedule and shifting priorities.
- Facilitate security reviews with engineering, product teams, and other stakeholders
- Identify process and user experience improvements
- Collaborate with broad range of technical and non-technical teams, including Engineering, Product, Customer Experience, Compliance, and Legal
- Communicate and evangelize our security tooling and solutions both internal and externally
- 4+ years of work experience in engineering and/or security programs
- Experience building relationships and influencing stakeholders and engineers
- Process design and process improvement experience
- Experience in security with one of the following security principles or technologies: security by design, data protection, authentication, identity and access management
- Experience with concepts and practices such as threat modeling, data tokenization, access management
- Code review experience in one or more general purpose languages
- Security certifications (e.g., CISM, CISSP)
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in Finance, tradition platforms/order execution systems and portfolio trading
- Experience with distributed teams
- AWS Suite
- Golang, Python/Django
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).