Scrum Master (Washington DC)
Comtech is a woman-owned small business founded in 1998 and headquartered in Reston, VA. We offer IT solutions across the disciplines of program/project management, applications development, infrastructure, Cyber security, and enterprise content/data management services. We have developed our methodologies and processes based on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v.3 Framework across enterprise infrastructure operations. These methodologies and processes are reinforced through our organization’s externally accredited certifications, which include ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System (QMS), ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 IT Service Management Systems (SMS, corporate ITIL certification), ISO 27001:2005 Information Security Management System (ISMS), and CMMI-DEV Level 3"Job Description
The Client is seeking a Scrum Master to lead Agile team(s) and work with cross-functional software development teams responsible for delivering data-centric products and services. As part of the On Demand Reporting and other Data Matters projects the Scrum Master will work with end users, business analysts, architects, data integration development, reporting development, testing, training, and infrastructure teams to plan and complete the project with agile, incremental deliveries within the overall project timelines. The Scrum Master will work with our leadership and project manager to leverage Agile best practices, including Scrum, Kanban and Scrumban, to successfully deliver data-centric projects in an efficient and effective manner.
The individual must have prior work experience as a Scrum Master on at least three or three years of Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence or Analytics projects.
This individual will be primarily working with the scrum team, product owners, extended teams, and management team at the FEP Operation center, to support agile delivery and build high performing agile teams:Qualifications
• 5+ years of proven experience as Scrum Master
• Proven experience applying Agile approach to data warehousing/data integration (at least 3 years) and business intelligence (at least 3 years).
• Proven experience transforming teams to Agile/Scrum from waterfall or other methodologies.
• Excellent communication and Partnership skills
• Hands on experience on Agile practices, Scrum process, Kanban etc. as an Agile Practitioner/Scrum Master.
• Proven leadership experience in IT delivery, building and sustaining high performing teams.
• Provide need based coaching to team members to be agile and support agile delivery
Requisition: Senior Scrum Master
Term: 9-12 months+
Interview Format: 1st Phone Interview, 2nd In-Person panel interview
Location: Reston, VA
The individual must have prior work experience as a Scrum Master on at least three or three years of Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence or Analytics projects