Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Scrum Master will play a critical role in the Amwell Hosting department. Specifically, managing internal projects related to site reliability, observability, production support, and other strategic initiatives.
- Lead daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement and manage interdependencies between teams
- Work with various teams to support sprint planning, and to keep work backlog healthy and prepared for execution
- Collaborates with Engineering, Hosting and other technical teams to ensure alignment on strategy and implementation
- Ensures successful delivery of large impact and/or cross-functional deliverables
- Standardize Engineering practices across operational teams
- Create a repeatable framework to accurately predict and assess velocity
- Implement agile best practices
- 3+ years of experience as servant leader, building high achieving teams, healthcare experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Management or similar required
- Strong communications skills
- Experience working with Engineering, Hosting, and other technical teams
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience with Scrum, Kanban methodologies
- Experience with JIRA, JQL, Excel, Microsoft Project, and SmartSheet
- Experience with CI/CD, automated testing, AWS
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Independent, self-motivated
- PMP a plus
Should you join Amwell and the Hosting team, you can expect:
Amwell’s Hosting group is a mission-focused technology team made up the best and brightest technical talent. Our engineers specialize in Information Technology, Cyber Security & Compliance, Hosting Operations and Network Engineering.
We leverage the latest technologies including an array of deployment and management tools as well as several cyber threat intelligence networks to keep our systems running smoothly around the clock.
If you enjoy working hard, challenging yourself, and staying at the cutting edge of technology, this is the team for you.
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance