Scrum Master at McLeod Software (Birmingham, AL)
McLeod Software is the leading developer and provider of transportation management software to trucking and freight brokerage companies in the United States. We are rapidly growing and are highly respected within the transportation industry. We believe that our employees are our greatest competitive advantage. Each employee contributes directly to McLeod Software’s growth and success, and we look for individuals who take pride in their work and in being a member of our team. We count on our employees to take action and to do things that will help us to keep building healthy partnerships with our customers. We are seeking a Scrum Master for our headquarters in Birmingham, AL.
- Facilitates daily stand-ups, sprint review meetings, retrospectives meetings, and other related meetings
- Prepares for and facilitates Agile planning sessions with Agile delivery teams and assists with prioritizing user stories
- Coaches team to adhere to Scrum framework and to improve their processes
- Foster teamwork and autonomy within the Scrum Team to ensure Sprint Goals and commitments are met
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset within the Scrum Team
- Removes impediments to the team’s ability to perform by working closely with Product Managers/Owners/Development and support organizations
- Monitor performance and recommend schedule changes, cost adjustments or resource additions
- Understand Agile driven metrics and how to present those to the team
- Solve problems throughout the life of the project and tries to resolve problems during the design and planning phases when possible
- Find opportunities to coach and lead organizational Agile improvement
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 years' experience in IT, software development, business applications, or a related field
- Experience as a member on a team delivering software applications using an Agile methodology such as SCRUM, Kanban, etc.
- Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Azure DevOps or JIRA experience
Since 1985, McLeod Software has provided powerful transportation management and trucking software solutions to the trucking industry. These solutions, developed entirely by our company, are comprehensive and support integration with a broad array of complimentary logistics products.
We are the leader when it comes to software for trucking dispatch operations management, freight brokerage management, fleet management, document imaging, workflow, EDI, and business process automation solutions for trucking, freight brokerage, third party logistics, and shipper companies in the United States.
With an established base of more than 1,100 active customers throughout North America, McLeod Software is dedicated solely to the transportation industry. This focus means we have a deep understanding of the needs and intricate details involved in carrier, broker, and freight management businesses of all types.
McLeod Software owns our national headquarters building in Birmingham, Alabama, and we also operate regional offices with training facilities in Salt Lake City, Utah and Downers Grove, Illinois. We employ more than 550 professionals.
McLeod Software does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we participate in E-Verify.