Scrum Master (Remote) at Accruent
Personal development and becoming the best you is all about growth and exploring new skills and opportunities – both in and out of the office. At Accruent, we call this Grow Without Limits, and we’re proud to offer each of our employees the resources, coaching and support necessary to achieve Growth Without Limits in their personal and professional lives. Explore where the path takes you.
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Scrum Master serves as the liaison between the business (represented by the Product Owner) and the Agile software development team. This role helps the team members in resolving impediments blocking a team, and helping to track their progress, and adoption of Scrum and other Agile development practices.The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
In this role, you would be working on the Platform Engineering Teams team leverages a modern technology stack to deliver AI/ML prediction and advanced insights to our customers, building common services and product integrations. The Platform stack focuses on Azure, Snowflake, Python, and Prefect tools, Node Red, MuleSoft, .NET Core, Mongo dB and React.
How you will make a difference:
- Organize and facilitate planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related meetings
- Serve as the team’s radiator, ensuring necessary internal and external communication, while improving overall transparency
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core Agile values, practices and principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Looks for avenues to increase the productivity effectiveness of the teams in any way possible
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Adds value to the team and organization and coaches the team up
- Guiding and Coaching the Scrum Team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
- Guiding and coaching both the Scrum Team and the Development team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Ensuring all work is tracked in the backlog and accurately balanced across team members
- Tracking metrics that are important to the team in order to deliver success and continuous improvement. Identifies product dependencies and facilitates scrum integration.
- Facilitates Scrum meetings: Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Feature and Story Estimation, Sprint Review and Demo, and Retrospective
What you bring to the table:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience being on multiple Scrum teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, diverse cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- 2 years in a technical role
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Record of accomplishment of continued and recent education in Scrum, including training, conferences, user groups, self-study, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, Jira, sAFE
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least one year for a Scrum Team
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- The ability to distinguish between what "is Scrum" and what is "not Scrum"
- Experience as a collaborative leader
- Applicable knowledge of concepts related to Cloud infrastructure, , APIs, Data Warehousing, ETL, Analytics
At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- Accruent requires new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as defined by the CDC, subject to applicable, verified accommodation requests. For additional information about our COVID-19 approach, please visit: https://careers.fortive.com/covid. All offers of employment are expressly conditioned upon compliance with our COVID-19 vaccination policy.
At Accruent (a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation), we strive to be on the cutting edge of the software world, providing purpose-built intelligent solutions that raise customer expectations, shift paradigms and transform the way businesses operate and achieve success.
We aim to provide the same transformational growth for our 1,000+ employees which includes a vibrant office culture in major cities like Austin and Amsterdam – and 10,000 customers in more than 150 countries – we know you’ll gain new experiences along the way. In our continued effort to help our teams Grow Without Limits, we provide all employees with the resources, coaching and support they need to reach new heights and experience true professional and personal development – and we do this because we believe it will help us grow as a global company in return.
Every person can bring something incredible to the table, and we can always achieve more together. So, if you are courageous, adaptable, collaborative and interested in becoming the best you, we encourage you to join us for the ride – even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience to fill a particular role.
Explore the path. Join Accruent.
Fortive’s essential technology makes the world stronger, safer, and smarter. We accelerate transformation across a broad range of applications including environmental, health and safety compliance, industrial condition monitoring, next-generation product design, and healthcare safety solutions.
We are a global industrial technology innovator with a startup spirit. Our forward-looking companies lead the way in software-powered workflow solutions, data-driven intelligence, AI-powered automation, and other disruptive technologies. We’re a force for progress, working alongside our customers and partners to solve challenges on a global scale, from workplace safety in the most demanding conditions to groundbreaking sustainability solutions.
We are a diverse team 17,000 strong, united by a dynamic, inclusive culture and energized by limitless learning and growth. We use the proven Fortive Business System (FBS) to accelerate our positive impact.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow, and make a difference. At Fortive, we believe in us. We believe in the power of people working together to solve problems no one could solve alone. At Fortive, we believe in growth. We’re honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we never stop improving and innovating.
Fortive: For you, for us, for growth.
Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. Fortive and all Fortive Companies are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should ask to speak with a Human Resources representative to request an accommodation.