Scrum Master - Order Management at Costco Wholesale (Dallas, TX)
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:54 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, January 7, 2023
This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of Costco's success is its culture. The value Costco puts on its employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. Our employees and our members come FIRST. Costco is well known for its generosity and community service and has won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others. In 2018, Costco contributed over $39 million to organizations such as United Way and Children's Miracle Network Hospitals.Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes "America's Best Employers".The Scrum Master (SM) is responsible for facilitating team level Agile processes and around requirements definition, scope, and delivery. The SM must resolve team level impediments, manage risk, and drive continuous improvement throughout the delivery teams and lifecycle. They are responsible for working closely with Product Owners to ensure that team members are working on the highest priority work items defined within their respective roadmaps. The SM has a strong understanding of Agile Scrum and Kanban principles and practices. Scrum Masters also are responsible for providing hands-on coaching to support the adoption of agile practices and identifying opportunity areas for continuous improvement. Scrum Masters are strong communicators and are required to work closely with other delivery / application teams to support the implementation of working software.If you want to be a part of one of the BEST "to work for" companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined. ROLE
- Works with Product Manager and Product Owners to help ensure execution alignment for Scrum Teams.
- Facilitates Agile Scrum Team execution and feature completion tracking for multiple Scrum Teams.
- Supports the Product Owner with the creation, refinement, and prioritization of user stories within a product backlog.
- Identifies and creates metrics that measure and report on team performance, backlogs health, and continuous improvement.
- Works with multiple in-house and external Scrum Teams enterprise-wide to remove impediments and manage dependencies.
- Arranges and facilitates daily stand-up meetings and demos/retrospectives. Ensures quick inspection and proper use of an Agile process.
- Escalates and assists in the resolution of impediments to support the timely completion of sprint deliverables.
- Encourages and guides the adoption of Agile policies and procedures.
- Provides coaching on Agile practices and methods for assigned as well as other Scrum Teams.
- Supports the implementation of improvement areas identified in team retrospectives.
- Ensures the work implemented by teams adheres to the steps and procedures (e.g., test scripts must be written and executed to validate a user story) outlined within the definition of done (DoD) framework.
- Participates in scrum-of-scrums (SoS) to support the management and remediation of dependencies across multiple product/application teams.
- Acts as a servant leader for multiple teams and their stakeholders.
- 1 years' experience as a Scrum Master.
- 1 years' experience leading technical and non-technical teams in an Agile environment.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- Experience in managing at least one or Multiple Scrum Teams.
- Understanding of ITIL framework.
- Strong manager, collaborator, and servant leader.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop business relationships and communicate successfully with people at all levels of management; exhibit excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Proficient with managing program / project level initiatives.
- Must be extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency and a positive attitude.
- 3 years' experience as a Scrum Master.
- 3 years' experience leading technical and non-technical teams in an Agile environment.
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) preferred.
- ITILv3 or v4 Certified.
- Prior experience successfully managing a delivery of a technology solution.
- Demonstrate technical and/or data related acumen, as a project management leader.
- Ability to plan, lead, and deliver mission critical, complex data analytics solutions.
- Familiarity with eCommerce and Order Management processes.
- Cover Letter
More Information on Costco Wholesale
Costco Wholesale operates in the Food industry. The company is located in Seattle, WA and Tucson, AZ. Costco Wholesale was founded in 1983. It has 54818 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 21 open jobs at Costco Wholesale, click here.
Read Full Job Description