Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next Insurance is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, customer-focused, and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
We’re looking for a Reinsurance Lead to join the team to lead our reinsurance strategy for a rapidly advancing tech unicorn. Reporting to the Head of Strategic Finance, this is a unique opportunity to be a part of a critical function and collaborate with an unstoppable team. This is a highly visible role with the ability to directly impact key business decisions and financial outlook.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and manage all aspects of reinsurance for Next across all our business lines, including general liability, professional liability, inland marine, commercial auto, commercial property, and workers’ compensation
- Manage both direct relationships with global reinsurers as well as reinsurance relationships through the broker market
- Structure quota share and excess of loss programs to ensure reinsurance adequacy
- Collaborate cross functionally to respond to questions from existing and prospective reinsurers
- Negotiate with various departments on all reinsurance transactions
What We Need:
- Minimum 5-8 years of reinsurance experience in a fast pace environment with a track record of success
- Ability to structure and execute on reinsurance programs to ensure appropriate risk mitigation
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with competing and shifting priorities
- High degree of reliability and integrity
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, with good written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, economics or a quantitative discipline
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.