Project Manager at Baker Hill (Indianapolis, IN)
| Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:43 a.m. (CST) on Sunday, June 12, 2022
The Purpose of the Project Manager is to be responsible for the leadership of all assigned projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget, and with committed content. Primary ongoing responsibility is the management of project tasks. Focuses on meeting project commitments, including communications with executive sponsors, internal stakeholders, clients, associates, and partners. May participate in the design and/or testing phases. Facilitate the definition of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develop methods to track and monitor project or area progress; and provide corrective supervision if necessary. Facilitate the definition of service levels, market requirements, and customer requirements. Interact regularly with internal stakeholders to determine their needs and to develop plans for improving delivery. Works closely with the Business Analysts to advocate on behalf of clients and represent clients' needs, as appropriate, to senior management. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Articulate, follow, and advocate the company's software development methodology. Present oral and written reports defining plans, identifying problems, and proposing alternatives and recommendations for resolution, to appropriate levels of management.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, within budget and including committed content
- Assist in the definition of project scope & objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders. Ensure technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using burn down reports
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all internal and 3rd party stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Pro-actively engages present and future stakeholders in design, priority setting, and implementation.
- Builds coalitions among the various stakeholders; negotiates authority to move the project forward.
- Creates a sense of belonging and ownership among team members.
- Consults and provides advice, facilitates discussion and resolves conflict; establishes trust; builds and uses cross-functional relationships to accomplish project objectives.
- Prioritizes own and team's work. Anticipates consequences of actions, potential problems, or opportunities for change. Sets and meets realistic deadlines. Forecasts changes and communicates current and projected issues.
- Ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability for project budget.
- Creates within the team a shared focus on the importance of achieving results. Creates work standards for project; establishes/defines roles & responsibilities, specific outcomes, and clear measures for quality and success of the team
- B.A or B.S in Business
- 5+ years - Proven working experience in project management within the software industry. Track record of success in assignments with increasing responsibility, including experience successfully managing projects of various size and complexity. Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes
- Solid PM background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated communication effectiveness, and personal focus and discipline.
- Ability to foster trusting relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Understands who the client is and their needs; provides realistic expectations; establishes specific customer satisfaction standards and actively monitors client satisfaction. Knowledge of organization's methodology and tools
- Recognizes problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent. Evaluates alternatives and finds solutions using the company's systematic, multi-step approach. Develops improvements and innovations to enhance performance.
- Conveys goals and objectives clearly and in a compelling manner; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; interprets verbal and non-verbal messages that others communicate; produces clear status reports; communicates professionally, tactfully and candidly.
- Ensures that project status, issues and successes are communicated to project team, stakeholders, sponsors, steering committee and all levels of management and documented appropriately.
- Motivates project team members to action. Identifies common themes, makes inferences and draws conclusions. Ensures open communication on the project team. Addresses delicate situations and handles conflicts in such a way as to maximize opportunity and minimize exposure to risk
- PMP certification is preferred.
More Information on Baker Hill
Baker Hill operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Carmel, IN and Beaverton, OR. Baker Hill was founded in 1984. It has 176 total employees. To see all 1 open jobs at Baker Hill, click here.
Read Full Job Description