Bestow is the leading digital platform for life insurance. As both a direct-to-consumer destination and an infrastructure provider, Bestow is on a mission to make life insurance accessible to millions of underserved families.
We ideate fast, embrace change, and take risks. As a rapidly growing tech startup, we look for the best talent out there and try to stay out of their way. From scaling our business model to expanding our offerings, the day-to-day at Bestow offers endless professional growth opportunities. The people who succeed here look for problems and solutions. They are both passionate about their ideas and open to having their mind changed.
In the end, we value the same things our customers do: family. So we strive for work-life balance and believe happy employees make for better experiences and happier customers. It’s a model that helped us land the #2 spot on Forbes’ Best Startup Employers 2021 list. Boom!
What You'll Do
As a Project Manager you will report to our Director, Ops Delivery to lead a critical operational transformation at Bestow. You will help transform Bestow from a digital life insurance enrollment platform and agency to the first-ever fully digital life insurance carrier. Your work helps us scope our overall operational transformation, and figure out how and when we can finish projects and how projects are progressing. Do you love turning high-level roadmaps into actionable plans? Do you like collaborating cross-organizationally to improve efficiency? Do you enjoy bringing cross-functional stakeholders together to drive change? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
You will work with the Insurance Operations team (Chief Insurance Officer, Director, Claims, etc.) and Product Management and Engineering teams to determine and execute a thoughtful project delivery process.
You will be called upon to communicate with all members of the delivery team. You will work with the Insurance Ops team to plan what will be delivered and the timeline for that delivery. As projects proceed you will communicate status and raise a flag if things are going off-track.
You are a central component of your delivery teams. You should present a level-headed, objective perspective to balance the often opposing needs across departments. You are a coach to the team looking for ways members can be more successful by identifying and quickly resolving blockers and assessing risks.
We would like this candidate to be located in Des Moines ideally, but are open to Austin, Dallas, or Remote for the right candidate.
- 3-5+ years of project management or management consulting experience
- Experience using Jira and other project management tools
- You have exceptional leadership skills and are comfortable leading without formal authority
- You have the ability to comprehend, troubleshoot, and describe complex processes and issues to colleagues at all levels of the organization
- You excel in an independent work culture
- You have excellent problem solving skills
- You can manage priorities and timelines without significant oversight
- You always want to sit next to the person who is smarter than you because you value a culture of mentorship and learning
- You are looking to bring your voice and experience to a mission-driven company in ways that help it to expand its reach
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working in insurance, fintech or other highly regulated industry preferred
- Competitive salary, bonus & stock options
- Open PTO plan
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Annual bonus based on individual and company performance
- Generous equity grant based on level
- Flexible work-from-home policy and open to remote
We value diversity at Bestow. We hire, recruit, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, pregnancy or maternity, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. We understand the importance of creating a safe and comfortable work environment and encourage individualism and authenticity in every member of our team.
Bestow does not sponsor applicants for work visas at this time.
More Information on Bestow Life Insurance
Bestow Life Insurance operates in the Insurance industry. The company is located in Dallas, TX and Austin, TX. Bestow Life Insurance was founded in 2016. It has 184 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, Life Insurance and Mental Health Benefits. To see all jobs at Bestow Life Insurance, click here.
Read Full Job Description