Project Manager at Curriculum Associates
We are seeking an experienced project management professional to drive delivery of innovative digital lessons for a growing, socially minded education company committed to making classrooms better for teachers and students.
The successful candidate will lead projects for Digital Instruction teams building interactive math lessons for students grades K-8, ensuring the projects are delivered on schedule, within budget and with utmost quality. The role requires a proven track record of delivering projects using Waterfall software development life cycles (SDLC) as well as knowledge of Agile concepts and practices.
Why join this team:
Curriculum Associates has been named for six years in a row to be one of the top places to work in Boston. Our Digital Instruction projects use an innovative blend of Waterfall SDLC and Agile (Scrum). If you’re interested in growing your Agile skills while using your project management experience to have a positive impact on children, this role is for you!
The impact you’ll have:
- You will plan and lead digital content projects from concept/kickoff through delivery using Waterfall SDLC and Agile (Scrum) practices, leading cross-functional teams made up of product managers/producers, designers and editors, developers, and quality engineers.
- You will manage project scope, schedules, and budgets. You will manage dependencies both within teams and across teams.
- You will manage and drive to closure the risks and impediments facing your teams.
- You will assess project status using the appropriate Waterfall and Scrum metrics.
- You will communicate project status, including budget vs. actuals, to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- You will manage vendor relationships, processing contracts and invoices.
- You will facilitate team retrospectives and implement continuous improvements to increase team efficiency and velocity.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have experience in managing software or content projects from concept/kickoff through delivery
- You have hands on experience with scope, schedule, cost, risk, resource, communications, procurement management of projects with teams of 8+ distributed members.
- You have knowledge of Agile principles and values, Scrum ceremonies and metrics.
- You can manage one to two projects with moderate supervision.
- You have experience with project management software tools, preferably JIRA, Smartsheets and Confluence.
- You can communicate clearly, both by speaking directly and writing concisely.
- You can establish collaborative working relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- You have experience leading your teams in continuous improvement.
- You have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in a computer science, information technology, or an equally technical discipline; or equivalent experience
We’d also love to see, though not required:
- Project Management Professional (PMI PMP)
- Experience in education technology
- Project management experience in an organization with primary revenue streams derived from content or software product development and sales
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
More about this role:
This a long-term temporary position with the possibility of permanent employment based on the candidate’s performance and the company’s needs.
Location: This position is remote with East Coast business hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Eastern Time). Currently, Curriculum Associates employees are working remotely due to Covid-19. Once it is safe to go back into the office, this role will have the option of remaining remote or being based in one of our offices (North Billerica, MA; Billerica, MA; Brooklyn, NY, Greensboro, NC).
Starting date: ASAP
Salary & benefits: This role is full-time, paid hourly through September 2022 with the possibility of salaried permanent employment. This role is eligible for medical coverage after a 3-month period