Project Manager at Jack Link's Protein Snacks (Minneapolis, MN)
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into the world’ largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground, to realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Join the team, make a difference, be part of something bigger.
Link Snacks, Ink (“Jack Link’s”) is the #1 Meat Snack brand in the U.S. Headquartered in Minong, Wisconsin, Link Snacks is a family-owned and operated company that represents a heritage of quality, safety and innovation. The company is made up of passionate team members who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products. Sold in more than 40 countries, the Link Snacks’ family of companies owns a portfolio of brands that includes Jack Link’s®, Lorissa’s Kitchen®, Wild River®, Golden Island®, MATADOR®, BiFi®, and Peperami®.Job Description
The Project Manager role is responsible for end-to-end ownership on project performance through; planning, organizing, leading and communicating activities within our cross-functional team to achieve the desired outcome. Success will encompass projects ending on-time, within scope and at budget, while ensuring risks are mitigated and properly communicated/escalated across our organization. Examples of projects are: strategic corporate projects, new product innovation, capital/technology, Supply Chain Continuous Improvement, and IT/HR impacting the wider cross-functional landscape.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- Activity and resource planning
- Project timeline management
- Cost estimating, budgeting and budget management for projects
- Ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction
- Analyzing and managing project risk
- Monitoring and publishing updates surrounding project progress
- Develop and administer (Stage-Gate, RRT & Transition Charter) processes
- Maintaining our Smartsheet software solution
- Manage the Project Portfolio and projects within
- Continuous improvement of organizational processes
- Organize and lead cross-functional team meetings, provide effective communication & hold team members accountable
- Collaborate regularly with business leads on existing projects, actions, issues and next steps
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, project management or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 5 years minimum experience working in a cross-functional business environment (preferably for a manufacturer of consumer products) using SAP systems is preferred
- Excellent Excel skills including report creation from large datasets and multiple data sources; proficient in Internet navigation, Microsoft Word, and Outlook
- Experience working with project management platforms (i.e. Basecamp, MS project, SharePoint, Smartsheet)
- Demonstrated ability to drive change / process improvement
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Ability to be flexible as required and communicate cross functionally with internal partners
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Thrives in a fast paced energetic and entrepreneurial environment
- Previous leadership of end-to-end projects and execution strategies and methods
- Previous cross-functional experience working between multiple departments
- Ability to manage and execute complex projects in many different stages and work with ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills and experience (PMO certification preferred)
- Strong analytical decision-making, influence and communication skills
- Experience building strong relationships and working with a range of levels in an organization
- Action oriented with the ability to think and respond quickly to change
- Demonstrate leadership, problem solving, presentation, and employee motivational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must work effectively with all levels of team members
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.