Project Manager at SuperJoy (Richmond, VA)
| Richmond, VA
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:53 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 5, 2022
WE ARE / Project Management. We make sure culture-impacting work makes it out of our agency and into the world. We are hustlers, motivators, movers and shakers. We area group from all walks of life and backgrounds, but we’re united in our passion for supporting great work, and the process that goes into that.
Project management is what we’re called on paper, but we’re really more like project stewardship. We’re a hard-working, determined team focused on making the creative process a fine-tuned machine, but one with the flexibility needed to be innovative and successful. Often referred to as the glue that keeps the agency teams running, we’re at our best when managing a collaborative project from kick-off meeting to launch date. Leadership is key to our success and we excel when we share a seat at the table to solve problems and move obstacles out of the way so that our teams can thrive.As the work we put out into the world grows, so too does the need for great project managers, and we’re currently looking to match the momentum of creative and find people who can help steer it.
This role will report to the hiring manager.
Make you wanna join the fight? Read on for more details.
YOU ARE / An identifier of needs. A problem-solver. Cool under pressure. A prioritizer by nature. A protector of people. A strategic thinker. A proactive spirit, someone unafraid of risks or standing in the gap. A skilled communicator. An empathetic listener. Interested in learning about all production disciplines: print, digital, broadcast and non- traditional media.
- Learn to move at the pace of culture. You and your manager will exist in that flow, building and maintaining all project timelines to keep us at pace and on-delivery. You’ll communicate project priorities to a great number of stakeholders across departments, managing priorities per project.
- Partner with experienced project managers in steering cross-functional teams on projects of various sizes. You and your manager will work closely together as you collaborate across departments like creative, account leadership, production and finance. Relationships and trust are fundamental to this role, so you’ll grow the kinds where your peers will trust your guidance in leading them through ambiguity.
- Push impactful work through the creative development process. This is: creating and maintaining detailed records of projects and saving them on our agency’s shared server; getting eyes on and securing approvals for internal materials like presentations, print ad mechanicals, prototypes, etc.; ensuring meeting recaps are clear and understood by all team members; and keeping track of budget estimates and approvals.
- Develop creative ways of telling project stories. This’ll be through weekly and daily status reports, system updates, and leading internal status meetings for assigned projects. Proactively, you’ll identify potential pitfalls in the lifecycle of a project, problem-solving and course-correcting to keep the buzz alive. You’ll also have the space to explore new technologies and methods that will help us make our work and processes even better.
- Proven and sustained experience in a project management role, or can speak to a relatable career journey (3-4 years work experience is a good marker)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and a willingness to learn a range of technologies and communication tools
- A working knowledge of project management systems (Smartsheet, Monday.com, Asana, etc.)
- A working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Apple Keynote, etc., (a but not necessary)
- Strong communication skills (written + verbal)
- Expert time management/prioritization skills
IS THIS ROLE NOT QUITE A MATCH?
Does this role pique your interest but feel a lil' out of reach, or misaligned with your unique experience? Still reach out! Your story might capture our attention.
HOW WE MAKE SPACE
The Martin Agency is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging — a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. The Martin Agency does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
More Information on SuperJoy
SuperJoy operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Richmond, VA. SuperJoy was founded in 2022. It has 31 total employees. To see all jobs at SuperJoy, click here.
Read Full Job Description