About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust, a Fortune 500 company, is a globally recognized, award-winning financial institution that has been in continuous operation since 1889.
Northern Trust is proud to provide innovative financial services and guidance to the world's most successful individuals, families, and institutions by remaining true to our enduring principles of service, expertise, and integrity. With more than 130 years of financial experience and over 22,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
We are searching for a Project Manager to join our team.
The role of Project manager is responsible for working on multiple projects of varying size and complexity in a concurrent manner within the Wealth Management BU. The Project Management function manages a BU project or program to successful outcome. This role is responsible for aligning resources, overseeing the budget (if applicable), creating project plans, tracking key milestones/risks/dependencies and facilitating working group discussions. This is the key coordinator to ensure activities are completed.Important:
This will be a hybrid rolewhich will be focused half on project management across the broader BU (with some specific focus on physical office network initiatives, such as new market entries, relocations, consolidations, etc.) and half on various Wealth Management fee related initiatives. The fee related work will entail both project management and business analyst type work (i.e., examples may include reviewing end to end processes and identifying areas of operational improvements, technology enhancements, documentation and maintenance of fee policy, fee strategy and fee resource issues).The key responsibilities of the role include:
The successful candidate will benefit from having:Knowledge / Skills:
- Works towards carrying out activities that vary in scope, cross-functional and more complex
- Lead a variety of projects (predominantly process change and front-end business-focused initiatives) providing solid project leadership, governance and direction
- Provides comprehensive, in-depth consulting and project leadership to team and partners at a high functional level
- Operates independently, has in-depth knowledge of BU, specific area of expertise and strong knowledge in other areas
- Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas
- Demonstrates effective project leadership ability, including working with project sponsors, drafting proposals, writing detailed project plans and submitting for capital budgets (if applicable)
- Conducts analysis and develops scope related to projects of varying complexity
- Role entails interaction, coordination and execution across all facets of the business (i.e., front-office, middle-office, operations, IT, Risk, Legal, Compliance, etc.)
- Prepares for project meetings, including producing agendas and meeting notes, as well as project communications and any other necessary administrative details to ensure success.
- Understanding of budgetary impact to projects and actively works with key stakeholders to ensure projects are managed within resource constraints
- Displays an appropriate sense of urgency and understanding of inherent project risk
- Excellent analytical, consultative, communication (oral and written) and judgement skills
- In-depth functional / industry knowledge is strongly preferred
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in concurrent manner
- Motivated and self-driven individual with strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills are required for collaboration, negotiation and team building
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio)
Working with Us:
- 3+ or more years of proven project management related experience is required
- A college or university degree is preferred
- Related industry knowledge in wealth management is preferred
- Qualified candidates should demonstrate strong project management, with attention to detail and project deadlines.
As a Northern Trust partner, greater achievements await. You will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture in an organization where financial strength and stability is an asset that emboldens us to explore new ideas.
Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company committed to assisting the communities we serve! Join a workplace with a greater purpose.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today. #MadeForGreater
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email our HR Service Center at [email protected]
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us. We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.