Project Manager- Technology, FIS University Program at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate, and above all fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Program!
As a 2022 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June, and September with a dedicated "Learning Week" where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
*This position is for a June 27, 2022 start.
About The Team
Digital One™ Business propels business online banking into the future with a digital-first orientation and market-competitive features. It's a business solution designed with a modern user experience, streamlined workflows, and cash management features to support small businesses and corporate clients.
With its broad range of capabilities, Digital One Business provides the functionality for businesses to manage their customers: from viewing accounts and conducting complex transactions, to managing multi-user capabilities and entitlement controls. Digital One Business also offers comprehensive fraud mitigation tools to ensure the highest level of protection for its clients.
We are seeking a project manager (scrum master) to help grow our team and primarily work on client-funded initiatives. This position requires strong analytical and interpersonal skills. The project manager (scrum master) is expected to work closely with customers, internal companion teams, and domestic/international team members to guide project deliverables and successfully deliver custom solutions.
What You Will Be Doing
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of projects from initiation through delivery.
- Develops, defines, and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Manages the project work plan and holds the team and project resources accountable to variances in budget and hours.
- Possess a thorough understanding of estimation, master service agreements, staffing model, average bill rates, and cost structure by level.
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments, and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Manages project risks, issues, and activity progress to ensure project goals, scope, and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May include managing the customization of base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products, or consulting projects and engagements.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree from job discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Added Bonus If You Have
- Prior banking experience
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Working knowledge and exposure to the implementation of software products
- Project management experience
- SAFe Agile experience
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Student Loan Repayment Program: FIS will PAY OFF your principal loan balance over 10 years of service! Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program and is for U.S. participants
*Current or future sponsorship is not available for this position*
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.