Project Manager Senior at FIS (Richmond, VA)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Payments Professional Services team at FIS is looking to add an energetic, talented, and experienced Senior Project Manager to our growing team. The Payments Professional Services team provides our clients with customized solutions to meet their demanding business needs, including custom application development, testing, solution design, and consulting.
You will interact directly with clients, internal stakeholders, business partners and your project team. We will provide you with many opportunities for challenging assignments and career growth.
What you will be doing:
• You will work alongside a scrum team consisting of developers, business analysts and QC testers.
• Develop, define, and execute project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
• Maintain required project artifacts, in accordance with SDLC.
• Interact with clients daily to provide project status updates, manage escalations, coordinate project installs and perform demos.
• Manage project risks and ensure project goals at met, including budget, timelines, scope, and quality.
• Maintain resource and revenue forecasts, in alignment with backlog of projects.
What you bring:
• Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• Knowledge of company's products and services
• Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely differing viewpoints
• Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
• Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
Added bonus if you have:
• Prior experience in the Payments industry.
What we offer you:
• A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
• A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
• A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
• The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
• A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
• Varied and challenging work to help you grow your Project Management skillset
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.