Project Manager Senior Non-technical at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
We are a small, nimble, very experienced and extremely focused on meeting the expectations of our "customers" (FIS employees), working closely together and always willing to assist each member of the team.
What you will be doing:
You will oversee development, management, coordination, timing, budgets, contracts, reporting on, and completion of renovations to existing space, closure or rightsizing of our current offices, build out and occupancy of new locations, and various other Real Estate related projects.
- You will manage all aspects of planning, design, construction, staff relocation FF&E coordination, as the overall project manager.
- You will hire and guide 3rd party architects, engineers, trades, consultants and other project management professionals.
- You will build budgets and project schedules, hold project meetings, communicate with all levels of the organization and 3rd party vendors in the development of plans and specifications, construction documents, RFPs, scope development, budget tracking, project completion and commissioning.
- You will also manage projects for closure, expansion and/or renovation of FIS' existing facilities.
- You will likely be required to travel as much as 50%-60% of the time.
What you bring:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a closely related field
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Comfortable will informal presentation
- Savvy negotiations skills
- Ability to read, interpret and critique floor plans and blueprints
- Intermediate familiarity and understanding of construction and consultant contracts
- Able to make good decisions "on the fly" as changes in scope occur unexpectedly
- Solid skills in directing tough tradesman as well as professional disciplines
- Intermediate level experience in using Excel, MSWord, MS Project, Power Point
Added bonus if you have:
- Proficiency in drawing in AutoCAD.
- BA in Construction Management
- PMP Certification
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.