Project Manager III (Security Implementation) - Remote - UK at Rackspace Technology
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:28 p.m. (CST) on Friday, March 25, 2022
Rackspace is looking for a Project Manager III to join the Security Implementation Team with a strong background in project management and a keen sense of revenue driving and creation for the company. The Security Implementation Project Manager is responsible for the coordination, project management and delivery of security products for our customers, with the goal of ensuring Rackspace delivers their environment in a secure, reliable, high-performing, and scalable support ready state.
This Racker will work to implement valued customer outputs selected by operations and product teams, monitor customer request and needs, and troubleshoot issues from both the customer and operations team. The right person will also work well and coordinate with other Rackers that are helping to deliver the project.
Security services range from very simple to highly complex engagements for which the Project Manager will minimize risk, optimize operations, and support business growth through pro-active and personable interactions. During the onboarding phase the Project Manager will also take ownership of the relationship held with each of their customers to ensure that Rackspace’s reputation for Fanatical Support is upheld.
- Create and maintain customer relationships and regular communication during the onboarding process providing a continuous Fanatical Support experience for our customers and vendors
- Create and maintain regular internal communication and updates during the onboarding process applying Core Racker Values
- Coordinate with our customers to solve simple and complex problems ensuring timely delivery of a customer’s environment
- Coordinate with internal teams, available resources and work closely with other teams to deliver services as expected and on time
- Apply your project management skills to co-ordinate Rackspace and customer teams, forecast delivery and carrying out scheduling and planning
- As a member of the team, you will also be expected to contribute to team process
Qualifications / Eligibility:
- 2+ years relevant business to business service/relationship management experience
- Solid understanding of cloud technology
- Ability to adapt working style and approach to best communicate with various business contacts
- Experience with managing projects end to end and coordinating with multiple departments
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Knowledge of cyber security best practices and industry trends
- Knowledge of and experience with intrusion detection/prevention systems, web application (Web Application Firewall), Anti-Virus, File Integrity Monitoring (FIM), endpoint detection, and cloud native security
- Expected to hold at least a basic Cloud Training qualification (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Eligible for UK Government Clearance
- One-year relevant previous hosting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience with Managed Public Cloud (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Certified Scrum Master, PMP or equivalent
- Expected to be constantly seeking opportunities to drive change and development to products, the team, and processes
- Certified Associate Architect qualification
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
More Information on Rackspace Technology
Rackspace Technology operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Antonio, TX and San Antonio, TX. Rackspace Technology was founded in 1998. It has 7509 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 249 open jobs at Rackspace Technology, click here.
Read Full Job Description