Project Manager II at FIS (Dallas, TX)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
FIS™ is the world's largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. FIS empowers the financial world with software, services, consulting and outsourcing solutions focused on retail and institutional banking, payments, asset and wealth management, risk and compliance, trade enablement, transaction processing and record-keeping. FIS' more than 55,000 worldwide employees are passionate about moving our clients' business forward. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor's 500® Index.
What you will be doing
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of projects from initiation through delivery.
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Creates project charters to identify project scope, critical success factors, risks, etc.
- Manages the project work plan and holds the team and project resources accountable to variances in budget and hours.
- Possess thorough understanding of estimation, letters of agreement, master service agreements, staffing model, average bill rates and cost structure by level.
- Interacts with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams.
- Oversees schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment.
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May include managing the customization of base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is preferred.
- 4+ years professional experience managing technical projects, financial services industry highly preferred (e.g., application development, technology integration, business analysis, client technology consulting).
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.