Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Our Team manages project initiation activities including identifying contractual obligations, client needs and goals, existing situation, necessary contacts and access to existing information as needed and ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards.
NOTE: This role may be worked remotely from anywhere in North America. Preferred Location Milwaukee WI,
What you will be doing
Responsible for all aspects of assigned technical projects. Projects may be focused on development of new or upgraded products and services, internal information system-specific projects that may involve development or enhancement of internal applications, technology integration and/or infrastructure environment build-out, delivery by service teams for outsourced solutions to external clients or delivery of new or enhanced products and/or services to improve customer satisfaction through use of technology.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery.• Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables.• Interacts with product development, sales, client relationship teams, technology solutions, service delivery and/or other cross-functional teams.• Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.• Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.• Assigns and monitors work of project team providing technical and analytical support and direction. Interfaces with external clients or field-based employees on technical matters as needed.• Manages project risks, issues/problems and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.• May manage the integration of vendor/subcontractor tasks and track and review vendor/subcontractor deliverables, if appropriate for the project.
• Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams, in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.• Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
• Conducts project closure activities to formalize and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams and complete a post-implementation review to identify areas of improvement.• May directly oversee employees assigned to manage specific project that have a distinct beginning and end. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.• Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.• May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel.• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines• Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application• Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry , e.g., ISO, PMI/PMP/CAPM, Six Sigma• Knowledge of financial services industry• Knowledge of company's products and services• Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, , audit tools, project repository, SharePoint, including risk, issues and action items database, Resource Forecasting, Metrics and Control, PlanView • Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines• Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely-differing viewpoints• Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills• Excellent verbal and written communication skills• Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients• Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members• Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
• PMP (Project Management Professional) or CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) certification.
• Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
• Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, audit tools, project repository, SharePoint including risk, issues and action items database, Resource Forecasting, Metrics and Control, PlanView
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A wide range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources, and opportunities
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.