Project Manager, Human Resources at Southern Company (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 18, 2023
Project Manager, Human ResourcesDescriptionDESCRIPTIONThere is flexibility with the location for this position. The role does not need to be in Georgia. Limited travel to Georgia, Illinois, Virginia, or Tennessee may be required.JOB SUMMARYThe primary purpose of this position is to manage and oversee from inception to completion, all aspects of assigned projects. Projects will be focused on HR's Operations department and the broader Gas Human Resources team.The Project Manager will oversee the successful completion of medium to high complexity projects and may lead an average of 3-5 projects simultaneously. The position will manage all aspects of the projects including intake, developing the project plan, business requirements, schedule and milestone reporting, analysis, risk assessment, quality checks, resource requirements utilizing project management best practices, techniques, and standards.FUNCTIONAL EXPERTISE
- Manage all aspects of assigned project including research, writing project requirements analysis, documentation, design/development, negotiation, problem resolution, training, status reporting, implementation, deliverables, project closing and post implementation review and audit.
- Develop and present project documentation with stakeholders. Documentation may include business cases, project initiation requests, work plans, project milestones, or draft deliverables.
- Deliver detailed project plans for implementation and track and report on milestones, dependencies, risks, and mitigations.
- Proactively communicate issues, concerns, status, or questions to all stakeholders for projects as required in a timely manner.
- Interact with all levels and departments of the organization such as HR Delivery, Labor Relations, Talent Development and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion to maintain and update project plans.
- Understanding of project fit, priority and value for Human Resources and the business.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years of applicable experience leading projects
- PMP Certification, working towards obtaining or equivalent, which may include experience.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Manage projects independently with limited supervision.
- Manage all facets of multiple projects, in accordance with traditional project management methodology.
- Coordinate departmental or cross-functional teams.
- Manage project from initiation through implementation and delivery. Provide planning and direction on schedules and monitoring budget/spending. Guide projects thru to completion on time, with agreed upon scope, within budget meeting and/or exceeding quality standards.
- Human Resources experience
- Self-starter, ability to work independently under moderate supervision; ability to also operate effectively as a team player, even if located remotely.
- Strong project management skills.
- Be highly organized and a good multi-tasker, take charge and know how to lead and be an effective communicator.
- Experience with project requirements gathering. Specifically, soliciting, documenting, and reviewing requirements through to approval with multiple business owners.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Big picture view. Lead by example.
- Critical decision-making ability to assess risk at multiple levels and understand the consequences and impacts of action
- Designing and delivering presentations.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate positively and professionally
- Highly service and results oriented.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple high priority projects and activities with strict time sensitive deadlines.
- Discretion and confidentiality where needed.
- Ability to tactfully negotiate.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building and employee management skills.
- Knowledge and experience with project management tools/resources (e.g., Project, Visio, etc.)
Read Full Job Description