Project Manager - Financial Systems at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
As a strategic thinker with strong finance and business acumen, you will guide decision making, solve problems, provide analytical insight and business judgment to support strategic and tactical initiatives across the organization. Relationships and collaboration are crucial to our success and yours.
This position manages and oversees all aspects of a Finance project to ensure it is completed on-time and within budget. You will manage scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing and outside vendors, and contractual deliverables, as well as prepare reports for upper management regarding project status. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get in with a growing building materials company and be a leader of Finance projects.Your Responsibilities:
- Help manage projects for a portfolio of programs (tax, billing/payments, accounting, etc.) within the finance team
- Help manage components of projects driving by outside teams impacting the finance area
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings to build project plans, release plans and other artifacts as needed
- Remove ambiguity by connecting teams or individuals so cross functional team impact/requirements are documented and tasks progress as scheduled
- Partner with business owners and operational teams to help facilitate the documentation of the success metrics, operational processes and reporting.
- Provide leadership to ensure the timely execution and delivery of the activities contained in the project plan and schedule.
- Ensure effective and efficient meetings such as stand-ups, project kickoff, release planning, UAT and retrospectives
- Oversee the User Acceptance Testing setup, training and delivery
- Help build/maintain processes and templates to continuously improve the PMO team
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management experience preferably with financial systems, billing, payments and tax
- Collaborative attitude with a track record of building strong relations at all levels and across the organization
- You have shown success leading multiple major and concurrent program management efforts
- Significant experience working with engineering leadership, technical teams and individual contributors
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and modern tools for project and broader Program management
- Passion for Upwork and a deep appreciation of Upwork’s mission and impact.
- Basic SQL skills or a keen ability to analyze/understand data
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.