Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
This role will be responsible for shepherding our project plans for formation of new legal entities as we expand globally. In addition to this function, this role will manage an HR project portfolio for the People Operations team. The portfolio consists of cross-functional projects involving Compensation, Benefits, HRIS, Data Analytics, etc. This role is responsible for day to day project management and the portfolio’s overall program health. We approximate that the percentage of time spent on entity formation and HR Operations projects will vary depending on business expansion.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Lead projects that span cross-functional teams as we expand our global footprint into new countries, partnering with key stakeholders such as legal, payroll, benefits, IT, etc…
- Serve as the central point of contact for international expansion with regard to the new location and entity creation.
- Gather and compile information regarding scope, timeline, tasks, and dependencies and develop detailed project plans using project management tools/software.
- Use prioritization methods such as impact, effort, cost and resource to schedule in which projects should take priority.
- Coordinate and collaborate with People team members across multiple global locations to plan, execute and keep on track projects of all sizes, managing multiple projects at a time.
- Facilitate meetings and written program / project updates with key internal project team members, business stakeholders and leadership through creation of emails, decks, and other mediums.
- Prepare meeting agendas, document meeting outcomes and next steps. Ensure next steps are actioned, following up with key stakeholders, as needed.
- Identify risks/issues that impact the execution and success of projects (e.g., resource availability, funding needs, testing, etc.). Develop options and solutions for complex problems, and escalate as appropriate for resolution/mitigation.
- Develop and implement routines and methodologies, such as tracking and updating project progress, budgeting routines, and continuous improvement activities, scheduling meetings, sending reminders, and updating / compiling data and information.
- Advise on stakeholder analysis, change management plans and execution.
- Engage appropriate resources and partner teams to define/implement change management strategy.
- Partner with peers to leverage knowledge and standards to promote consistent, quality deliverables across all projects.
- Ability to lead teams of subject matter experts in HR, IT, Finance, and other disciplines in core team meetings and deliverables, while having no direct management ownership for the team members.
- Take project plans not only to completion, but partner with COEs to operationalize processes for sustainability and scalability.
- Work closely with our Mergers & Acquisitions team to ensure consistency and alignment of processes.
- Work with our third party employer on record to set us up for employment in countries where we do not yet have a legal entity.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 5+ years of experience in international project management with requirements across diverse geographies and regulatory environments
- 5+ years of experience in Human Resources (can be from various specialties)
- Experience in navigating the needs of HR teams, IT, and the business
- Experience simultaneously managing multiple complex projects
- History of building strong relationships with internal clients and partners and have experience presenting complex information or functional and technical solutions
- Experience leading process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of Workday
- In-depth knowledge of project management software such as MS Project, Hive, Smartsheet, Meistertask, Asana, etc…
- Experience working with core central HR specialist functions: Compensation, Benefits, Global Mobility, Immigration, Talent Acquisition, Learning, etc...
- Experience working with cross-functional partners in Corporate Tax, Legal, Stock Administration, Payroll, IT, Finance as needed for project deliverables.
- Ability to deliver results on time with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and communicate top-level risks and requirements, and propose mitigation approaches
- Experience with working in global matrix organizations
- Verbal and written business level proficiency in English
Nice to haves:
- Experience with G Suite, Greenhouse, Slack, Zendesk, Jira
Req ID: R24039
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.