Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Project Engineer II – Systems
This leadership position is for an experienced engineer or manager who can provide leadership to the Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) team by managing the cost, schedule, risk, and systems engineering for a Space-based System.
What You’ll Do:
- Systems Project Engineer role is approximately 70% management and 30% technical.
- Provide team leadership, communication, and coordination.
- Work with Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Team to identify and manage risks and opportunities.
- Provide coordination with partners and customers.
- Manage the Change Control Process.
- Lead the SEIT team in managing deliverable items to the customer.
- Lead the SEIT team in preparing for major program reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, PSR).
- Technical writing (proposal development, contractual elements).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across the Mission Team, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Previous earned value management experience.
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes, including requirements development, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation.
- An understanding of all aspects of planning, scheduling, risk management, and team leadership.
- Good technical foundation for Space-based Missions – satellites and ground systems.
- A desire to learn - our culture fosters intellectual curiosity in a highly collaborative environment.
- Effectiveness in small team work environment with broad responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- Experience establishing relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Superb presentation skills with experience presenting to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.