Project Controls Scheduling Manager at Ball Aerospace (Greater Boulder Area)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Project Controls Scheduling Manager
To manage and direct the activities and employees performing Program Scheduling functions. To support New Business Development with proposal schedules.
What You’ll Do:
- Select, motivate, mentor and counsel employees for programs in your assigned area.
- Administer training plans for employees; plan, organize, integrate and measure work performed within the department.
- Perform functional manager duties, including performance reviews and merit planning
- Mentor/Train employees on department policies and procedures, Ball standards, industry best practices, and approved department software.
- Work with program, engineering, and technical management to determine staffing requirements and assign staff as required on programs and proposals in your assigned area
- Prepare, maintain, and analyze management data, records and reports; inform and advise management on alternative courses of action as needed.
- Integrate cost, schedule, contractual and political aspects of programs into long range planning and strategy.
- Manage the development and implementation of new policies and procedures. Audit programs on proper adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Resolve scheduling problems with program management and/or customer representatives.
- Act as a business advisor for program or department management in long range planning, operating year planning, performance analysis and staff forecasting.
- Provide guidance to program managers and program schedulers regarding performance measurement and governmental regulations compliance.
- Assist schedulers with proposal preparation and schedules.
- Assist program managers and program schedulers with schedule risk analysis and reporting.
- Review proposal and program flowdown requirements and work with the Program Scheduler to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in related field plus 10 years or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $108,500 - $149,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.