Cuningham seeks a Project Architect in our Las Vegas office, to share in our vision to dream big, be daring, and create change. We are a forward-thinking design firm that values people, creative problem solving, and a learning mindset in the pursuit of unique, regenerative solutions that fit our clients’ needs.
Candidates should have six to twelve years of experience with a focus on K-12 education projects. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team leader, highly motivated, and ready to join our team!
What you will do
- Integrate design, technical, and management disciplines, to deliver a fully coordinated set of drawings through a collaborative team-based process.
- Be responsible for the coordination of the drawings and specifications including program compliance; code and agency compliance; schedule commitments and product research.
- Develop project documents for bidding and construction.
- Provide input to the design and construction schedule – communicate the technical implication of design decisions.
- Organize and direct the architectural team to execute the work in an orderly, timely and coordinated manner.
- Coordinate directly with clients, project consultants and local jurisdictions to develop full construction documents and specifications.
- Provide support for any tasks required for the successful completion of the project.
- Provide clear team leadership, mentorship, and collaboration with the client and all consultants.
What we look for
- Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree in Architecture.
- 6 to 12 years of experience with K-12 education/higher education projects preferred.
- Strong design sensibilities and experience with creative direction.
- Proficiency in Revit and Office 365 required. Skills in other software such as Bluebeam, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit C4R, Glue, etc. are ideal.
- Deep knowledge with major building systems and a strong background in detailing is desired.
- Willingness to work closely with project designers and project managers.
- Ability to mentor staff with less experience.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect of our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.
More Information on Cuningham
Cuningham operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Minneapolis, MN, Denver, CO, Phoenix, AZ, San Diego, CA, Culver City , CA and Las Vegas, NV. Cuningham was founded in 1968. It has 289 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 15 open jobs at Cuningham, click here.
Read Full Job Description