We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
At Coinbase, we believe that everyone belongs in crypto. That central idea - belonging - informs the strategy and everyday focus of our [email protected] Program. We want everyone to feel like they belong and they can do their best work here. We are looking for a Program Specialist to support our [email protected] Coinbase team, which sits within our Employee Experience organization. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the administrative and programmatic activities of the [email protected] program are running smoothly, have a hand in operationalizing our Employee Resource Group strategy, help plan marquee events, and support key cross-functional initiatives.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Supporting [email protected] Program Managers in designing and tracking the success of our [email protected] programs: The person in this role will play an important part in supporting the programs we develop, deploy, and evolve, with opportunities to take full ownership of tracks of work which they are passionate about. They should leverage available data sets, i.e., engagement survey results, to execute programs that have the highest impact.
- Operational Guidance and Support for our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): The person in this role will be responsible for ensuring our Employee Resource Groups provide high-value programming which is tied to our central [email protected] team mission. For example:
- Facilitating bi-weekly meetings with ERG leads
- Developing FAQs, playbooks, and other [email protected] resources for ERGs
- Managing budgets and approvals (for e.g., affinity month event costs, swag requests)
- Sending communications and monitoring Slack channels
- Providing event support as needed for marquee programming like affinity months.
- Special assignments: The person in this role will take ownership of executing key elements of various ad-hoc special assignments, e.g. data deep dives or market/policy research.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3+ years of experience with project management and execution, driving components of complex projects
- Ability to build and leverage mutually beneficial cross-functional relationships
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely organized and able to keep projects on track both small details and big picture
- Deep emotional intelligence and the ability to navigate tricky or ambiguous situations with confidence and discretion.
- We are open to a variety of backgrounds including but not limited to: experience in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI), People Strategy & Operations, HR, Management or a non-traditional career path.
Nice to haves:
- Experience at an organization that has built culture across distributed offices and countries
- Public speaking or facilitation background
- Experience with data analysis
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $93,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Position ID: P1370242
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.