Program Manager at Thermo Fisher Scientific (St. Louis, MO)
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
St. Louis, MO Biologics St. Louis
How will you make an impact?
- Organizes and tracks process engineering and process validation projects, resolves delivery dates, and tracks on time delivery of projects. Oversees timelines and updates SmartSheet trackers for MS&T team. The position requires utilizing recognized best practices for developing, initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing projects.
- Demonstrates company values.
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Work is reviewed periodically by management and measured based on meeting objectives.
What will you do?
- Organizes and tracks process engineering and process validation projects, determines delivery dates, and tracks on time delivery of projects. Oversees timelines and updates SmartSheet trackers for MS&T team. The position requires utilizing recognized best practices for developing, initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing projects.
- Manage the planning and milestone achievement tracking for the MSAT organization's scope of work related to process engineering and process validation.
- Resolve project team issues and facilitate decision making within the team. Drive progress to completion to the required standard (both internally and at times with the customer).
- Communicate regularly with the business team, technical team, and customer team. Report on the initially agreed upon customer and internal milestones and share progress, issues, and risks.
- Track and manage the project including milestone payments, pass through costs and FTE estimates to ensure that we are on time and on budget from a resource allocation standpoint.
- Responsible for creating and managing standardized department templates.
How will you get here?
- BS Degree required.
- Project Management certification is preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- 2+ years of previous related experience in commercial strategy, business management, project management, supply chain, sales or marketing with internal and external client-facing responsibilities.
- Pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
- Ability to assess business needs and provide a perspective on departmental goals and objectives based on priority / impact.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and respond appropriately to change.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients to advance program outcomes.
- Ability to organize.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in an organization.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.