Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
Do you want to work for a team that provides extraordinary solutions to our most critical clients? As a Program Manager for the Upwork Professionals team, you will support multiple client projects from initiation to delivery of work product, and closure. You will utilize your background to appropriately scope out projects, define resource requirements and allocations as well as costs. As a Program Manager you will provide white glove service and strategic consultation for program activities, providing project and talent based consultative guidance.
Come join a collaborative, dynamic team that helps grow the business with our colleagues and embodies the company's mission and values!Your Responsibilities:
- Take ownership and responsibility for managing individual client projects
- Actively participate in project scoping and intake calls with hiring managers and freelancers
- Ensure compliance with client and project-specific processes and procedures
- Provide consultative guidance to hiring managers and freelancers to assist them with creating successful outcomes
- Manage internal relationships with cross-functional teams to maximize client success
- Problem solver with the ability to switch seamlessly between critical thinking and tactical execution within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated sense of urgency as evidenced by hands-on, fast paced, proactive client support
- Have a robust understanding and capability to work with strict SLAs to support discerning clients while collaborating with cross-functional partners
- Thrive on handling multiple tasks at once and are able to juggle getting pulled in multiple directions by holding yourself accountable to constant documentation and to-do lists, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to break projects down or tease out deliverables
- Ability to stay calm under stress, as well as pleasant and polite with internal partners and clients while under multiple deadlines
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.