Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
As a Program Manager for Atlassian's Customer Success and Innovation (CSI) Strategy and Operations team, you will be responsible for driving strategic programs across our CSI team and Atlassian teams. You will be working closely with team leaders from across the globe to develop best practices and drive Customer Success & Innovation at scale. This role is about championing customer and team outcomes by creating and improving processes. This role will be accountable for defining and driving clean project execution against a plan you helped design to deliver measurable outcomes for the customer and Atlassian. You will work closely with all business levels to set delivery initiatives that support the Atlassian mission.
About the role:
- Program Design and Execution: Understanding business objectives around specific programs and clearly defining what success looks like and creating a plan to achieve success. Execute your plans with inspect and adapt cycles to identify where things may need to pivot as needed.
- Establishing Scalable Process with Leadership Globally: Work with leadership to map team ways of working globally with an eye towards, customer goals, onboarding, adoption, and expansion, and churn. Create consistency in regional team-management approaches for alignment to goals, processes, and team ceremonies.
- Creating and Executing Program Communication Plans: With a global team, it is important to create and run multi-channel communication plans to inform all CSI teams of progress and deliverables on the Programs you are running. This will include creating communication calendars, writing the communication content or working with stakeholders to create content.
- Plan and Facilitate meetings for Cross-Functional Programs: Create and manage the ceremonies to help teams keep their eye on success goals, driving the cadence of planning, delivery, iteration, and measurement.
- Identify Business Insights and Present Possible Solutions: Reflect on the previous work and interactions with the teams and present insights and opportunities seen both within the Customer Success and Innovation team and throughout Atlassian. Then present possible solutions to help create a backlog of Programs for the teams you support.
- Help Scale Operational Efficiency: Our teams are growing, which is making it imperative to adjust our processes in a way that will scale with the team. This role will help build processes and tools to allow leaders and teams to see a more holistic picture at scale. Automation will be key in the future success of this role.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration and Alignment: Work with other Program Managers to share, learn, and create efficiencies across CSI and Atlassian. Drive consistent best practices for knowledge management, content creation, and communication across the team's Confluence spaces and other internal channels.
- Executive Stakeholder Management: Executive leadership buy-in is important when it comes to running large-scale programs across Atlassian. Gaining buy-in at the beginning and throughout programs from our senior and executive leadership with the appropriate level of information at different stages is an integral part of moving things forward.
- Creating Global Alignment: Ensure that work teams are doing take into account their counterparts across the globe. Help create processes and ceremonies that will allow for contribution and communication across time zones.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of project and program management experience with technical teams at scale
- Experience working with customer success and service delivery teams
- Experience in Customer Success Strategy, Programs, or Operations
- Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver work with Agile frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with tech-touch, automation, and tooling in customer relationship management
- Experience in change management
- Deep familiarity with the Salesforce platform
- Hands-on experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Ok with up to 15% travel
- Experience with enterprise SaaS software advisory services and delivery
More About the CSI Team
It's all right there in the name when you join the Atlassian Customer Success and Innovation team you are at the heart of empowering our customers to do more with our products as they unleash the potential in their teams. You will contribute to customer success by tackling challenges head-on and providing unparalleled knowledge and best practices around our solutions. We are big on distributed collaboration and are passionate about our customer-first culture. Working in this team at Atlassian, you'll have a direct impact on some of our biggest accounts, fast. You won't get frustrated with bureaucracy or slow decision-making because we encourage innovative thinking. We don't just want to know your opinions; we want to see your ideas in action. We hire great people and then trust them to be great.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians drive our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .