Program Manager - Program Operations and Processes at Wisk (Remote)
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our team. You will be part of the PMO team that provides strategic and timely solutions to Wisk programs.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Program Manager to join our PMO team. The goal of the Program Manager at Wisk is to develop and deploy Program progress reporting, risk assessment, risk mitigation. Deployment of program management processes across the program to meet program cost, schedule, quality, and technical objectives, including implementing best practices to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment.
- The successful candidate will organize and coordinate activities and deliverables, to reach milestones across a complex, multi-disciplinary and multi-functional, team in pursuit of building the first passenger service with an autonomous air taxi.
- The Program Manager will develop and implement appropriate and efficient processes and tools to drive towards milestone completion and accountability.
What you will do:
- As part of the PMO organization, and deployed in a Program Operations and Process Team you will act as a Program Manager for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will take part in enabling a data-driven decision-making set of tools, processes, and procedures that help multiple programs at Wisk
- You will support the Program Operations and process team, the IPT Leaders, and the Senior Program Managers of the company
- You will help support problem solving activities for program success
What you have done:
- B.S. in a relevant engineering discipline with at least 3 years of experience in the integration, verification, and certification of aircrafts or large integrated systems such as integrated avionics system, electrical system, battery management systems, propulsion systems or fly-by-wire systems
- You have at least 2 years of program/project management experience leading and/or managing complex multidisciplinary technical projects
- You have analytical skills and an understanding of product development and production processes, and knowledge of developing, tracking and maintaining schedules
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex aviation/aerospace projects
- You are a strong team player and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, cross-functional groups, and vendors in accordance with plans
- You are familiar with aircraft certification processes
- Agile certified scrum master or product owner
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self-starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution-oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program, happy hours and many more.
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S. offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.