Program Manager - Professional Services at FIS (East Bay)
The Program Manager will ensure the successful end-to-end delivery of the largest and most complex customer projects and internal change initiatives using a structured, controlled, tool and methodology based, scalable approach.
Projects are likely to include large numbers of staff working on different phases of activity. The ability to manage multiple 'moving parts' therefore needs to be balanced with the ability to manage and lead potentially large groups and virtual teams of professional staff.
A key element of any successful delivery obviously needs to be the business profitability aspect. The ability to demonstrate large scale budgetary management is therefore crucial.
Effective dialogue needs to be maintained at all levels of a client organisation, up to and including C suite, likewise within the FIS leadership structure. In order that someone has a voice that will be heard it is likely that any suitable candidate will have multi-year prior industry experience and the accumulated credibility associated with a well-established career path.
In conjunction with the Capital Markets stakeholders, initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the business
- Key to ensure the product delivery program (BA, Dev, QA i.e. 'build'), the implementations projects and the support teams (MSPC, AMS, Customer Services) are aligned
- Plan the programs from start to completion
- Define evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements: work with the Dev Manager, QA Manager, different Project Managers to define and adapt those strategies.
- Participate/lead various communication programs and activities (Steering Committee, Operational Committee, C-Level Executives)
- Formulation, organisation and monitoring of multiple, large, often inter-connected projects
- Oversight, composition and ownership of the delivery strategy
- Responsibility for leading and evaluating Project Managers and other staff
- Strictly control and manage deadlines, budgets and activities
- Assume full responsibility for the program performance and working to maximize program margin
- Be a point of escalation for higher scope issues
What you bring:
- Substantial proven experience as a Program Manager in the Professional Services FinTech domain.
- Experience of managing complex, multi-million dollar, high value programs is essential
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Ability to network effectively, negotiate well and influence people
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software (MS Project etc.)
- First class presentation skills
- Willingness to travel when necessary
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.