The Product & Technology Program Manager will build the connective tissue between product and user-facing teams, increasing leverage, so that Paylocity can ultimately deliver more value to more users, faster. As a Program Manager, you'll work directly with product management and engineering teams on the company's top priorities and launches. You'll be responsible for building strong connections with user-facing teams (sales, marketing, operations, account management, etc.), ensuring a tight product feedback loop, and coordinating smooth, high-quality feature launches. In some cases, you will also work directly with top users, learning more about their use cases and problems as you help them get more out of the product. This is a highly cross-functional individual contributor role, and it will be a critical lever for us to deliver on our mission. We are looking for a self-starter, change agent, and exceptional problem solver with a demonstrated track record of steering cross-functional initiatives and delivering stellar operating outcomes. This role requires an experienced program manager who thrives in a flat, fast-moving organization using lightweight processes, creative ideas, and quick iteration to make a significant impact.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Collaborative, flexible and driven to partner with teams and individuals in achievement of their goals
- Ready to fill in leadership/functional gaps in high growth areas and functions that require additional and temporary leadership support.
- An expert at organizing and managing complex programs and projects across multiple teams in various departments to successful completion
- Proactive in communication, relationship building, gap identification, risk mitigation, change management and all elements of initiative execution
- Highly emotionally intelligent, possessing the ability to adjust style to meet the needs of the audience
- Great problem solver with intellectual ability to understand the content and to make connections.
- Can influence outcomes and lead through conflict.
- Have the ability to synthesize disparate information quickly to develop a succinct, accurate summary of the opportunity/need.
- Are known to quickly become a subject matter expert
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
- 10+ years of large project & program management and product operations experience, ideally in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated delivery leadership experience with multiple large, complex programs
- Experience building out strategy and structure, and communicating team vision across a broader organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Collaborative approach to decision-making on teams, including ability to influence without direct line of reporting
- Master's degree is a plus
- Management experience is a plus
- Develop novel processes & tools and share your thought leadership on how to run efficient programs and launches at Paylocity
- Introduce frameworks and processes for planning and monitoring program execution.
- Be responsible for development of scorecards and roadmaps for strategic initiatives, including key achievements, timelines, KPIs, sequencing, resource allocation, leadership touchpoints/approvals, risk mitigation and exception-based reporting.
- Monitor projects/programs for scope drift, schedule changes and change order management on a timely basis.
- Spot potential conflicts or overlaps among work streams/ initiatives, work with team members and leadership to achieve the best outcome for the business.
- Be a champion for 'great execution,' leading all aspects of activity and providing mentoring so the job gets done while understanding that ownership for execution of initiatives rests with individual members.
- Indirectly manage leaders & project teams to ensure follow up and high quality of deliverables on special projects.
- Drive top company priority launches and rollouts (in partnership with product marketing, user operations, account management, product training, and others)
- Identify and actively build connections with relevant subject matter experts across the company to surface insights, to get them excited about what your team is building, and to pave the way for smoother future rollouts
- Education & Awareness
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of the work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,000 - $175,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.