Program Manager, People Strategy at Stitch Fix (Remote)
ABOUT THE TEAM
Successful, growing organizations require strong People functions and that has never been more true than today. At Stitch Fix we are striving to build a People & Culture (P&C) organization that continually innovates in how we inspire and develop our ~9,000 employees to be their best selves and do their best work. To that end, the People Strategy & Insights team has been built to harness the talents and expertise from outside of the traditional People space and bring those perspectives and skills to bear on high impact, critical P&C initiatives. The team is composed of members with business operating, strategy and management consulting, analytics and project management experience to work with leadership across all P&C teams to maximize our impact on Stitch Fix and our employees.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Stitch Fix is seeking an experienced Program Manager to manage and prioritize strategic P&C initiatives that require high coordination and collaboration with peers and stakeholders across the People & Culture team and broader company to execute.
This role can either be based in our San Francisco HQ or remote (US) and will report directly to Director, People Strategy & Insights.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS ROLE BECAUSE:
The People Strategy & Insights team focuses on driving strategic initiatives that enable the P&C team to be a full partner in achieving our business goals. The Program Manager brings structure, processes, and decision making frameworks to facilitate accountability and visibility on progress toward aligned goals on strategic initiatives that sit across P&C teams including Recruiting, Growth & Development, People Analytics, HR Systems, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and Business Partners.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who has strong program and portfolio management, and problem solving skills and wants to apply those skills beyond discrete projects but rather to impactful, strategic initiatives that have organization wide impact.
Examples of responsibilities include:
- Manage multiple large-scale, complex initiatives that impact our entire company; initiatives may be business focused and/or involve technology partnerships
- Work with initiative sponsors and functional leaders within and outside of People & Culture to drive objectives
- Plan and execute initiatives against project, change management, and go-live and business readiness plans
- Establish standards, cadence and version controls for documentation and workflow to ensure success of initiatives
- Mobilize initiative teams and clearly articulate the plan along with roles and responsibilities for each team member and stakeholder
- Track initiative outcomes, taking lessons learned forward to expand, improve and build scalable processes
- Support internal and external-facing communications to share critical initiative information and milestones
- Partner on strategic and headcount planning for the People & Culture team (e.g., setting OKRs, Annual Plan, QBRs, People team roadmap)
- Cultivate relationships and drive collaboration on highly cross-functional initiatives (e.g. IT and People & Culture shared roadmap and prioritization)
- Deploy tools and techniques (e.g. Root Cause Problem Solving) to identify recurring issues, errors and missed opportunities and then propose solutions for these, including working across various teams with People & Culture and our partners and platforms
- Support People & Culture team leads and initiative owners through consultation and dissemination of project management best practices, approaches, frameworks, tools and technology for the programs managed within teams
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE:
- You are a focused, organized, and results-driven individual with the discipline and gravitas to drive a diverse set of cross-functional partners towards a set of defined goals
- Your tremendous emotional intelligence, empathy and great judgment make you a trusted partner to cross-functional colleagues across the business and P&C team
- Your deep sense of personal responsibility, combined with your strong attention to detail and organization, means you never drop any of the many things you are juggling
- You are naturally curious about people and love learning from different backgrounds, working styles, and perspectives and adapting your own approach to be successful
- You meet obstacles with a positive tone, an eye for solutions and an energy for springing into action. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
- You thrive in situations with a lot of ambiguity and change, balancing the need to be nimble and responsive in the short-term with driving longer-term progress
- You are an exceptional communicator in both written and verbal interactions; clear, concise, and able to effectively distill the ‘so what’ for different audiences
- Above all else, you are bright, kind and motivated by challenge
THE PERSPECTIVE AND EXPERIENCE YOU BRING INCLUDES:
- 6+ years of Project Management experience in consulting, change management or commensurate ‘in-house’ experience at a large, complex organization with a focus on strategic projects and change management
- Professional experience with business analysis and communication technologies (e.g. Google Suite, Office 365) and project management tools (e.g. Asana, Trello, SmartSheets)
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to track, prioritize and drive projects with high levels of accountability to know where things are and where they need to be and our progress
- Drives process not simply for process sake but in order to drive impactful outcomes
- Ability to recognize and differentiate the needs and priorities of stakeholders
- Experience managing multiple initiatives on timelines while identifying and implementing continuous improvements in approach and design
- Experience managing communications to wide audiences at all levels including executive stakeholders (e.g. project plans, presentations, analyses appropriate for the different needs and priorities of each stakeholder)
- Experience developing frameworks to guide execution, drive clarity and effective collaboration and communication
- Demonstrated HR functional knowledge (e.g. headcount planning, company engagement survey, performance cycle, return to work and global expansion) preferred
- Working knowledge of HR and Recruiting systems preferred
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX:
- We are a group of bright and kind people who are motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
At Stitch Fix, we’re about personal styling for everybody and we believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. We’re the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers and a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.