Program Manager I at FIS (Phoenix, AZ)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the Team
The Banking Solutions-Implementations team is looking for a Program Manager I to join our Project Management Office. This is an excellent opportunity for a program manager to become part of a well-established and highly functional PMO organization.
What You Will Be Doing:
The Program Manager I will be responsible for managing customer facing and internal FIS programs within the Banking Solutions- Implementations Community Core PMO organization. This advanced role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to learn how to implement FIS products and how to provide program management support to both internal and external customers. The position requires expert knowledge of project management and a technical specialty.
- Manages a program of multiple inter-dependent projects following the Banking and Payments Project Management methodology.
- Works on highly complex assignments that involve a high degree of risk, impacts to business unit performance and makes use of the individuals' expertise within the technical specialty.
- Networks with key internal and external contacts outside own area of expertise. Engages with client executives and team members.
- Coaches and mentors project management, support staff and project team members.
- Oversees all aspects of assigned programs throughout project lifecycles to ensure completion within the defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Manages problem resolution and risk mitigation for escalated issues, problems and risks as needed.
- Ensures accurate allocations of resources throughout the program.
- Leads multi-disciplinary teams, composed of various levels of personnel, vendors and clients to create and deploy successful programs.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams in internal organizations as well as in client and vendor/subcontractor organizations to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
What You Bring:
The ideal candidate will have bank operations experience, data center experience, experience working with banking applications as a user,
analyst or trainer, strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to interact effectively within all levels of FIS and client
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, business administration or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, i.e., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) and the FIS
- Universal Project Management Methodology (UPMM)
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and the correct project application
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Experience with both large solution implementations at external client organizations and solution development projects
What We Offer You:
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology.
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.