Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Tactical Solutions Strategic Business Unit delivers mission system solutions, from specialized antennas to electro-optical technologies, to the warfighter. Our systems enhance the performance of various military platforms, from aircraft and land vehicles to ships and satellites, and give warfighters the advantage they need to take action, identify targets and defend against evolving threats.
Program Manager I – Survivability and Strike
What You’ll Do:
- Manage dynamic and highly technical development and/or production programs with emphasis on design, fabrication, and test of tactical RF systems.
- Be responsible for overall program leadership, direction and guidance that ensures successful program execution in accordance with the budget, schedule, contract, Statement of Work (SOW) and Technical Specifications.
- Develop and monitor fidelity of the program baseline including definition of tasks, program budgets and program schedules.
- Define, secure, organize and direct staff, resources, standards, processes, procedures and tools essential for the successful completion of a program.
- Provide sound leadership and team-building to motivate, influence and effectively apply the program staff.
- Develop good internal/external communication systems.
- Act as the main interface with the Customer and main Ball representative on all program related subjects.
- Ensure that program requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed-down to the internal team and subcontractors.
- Resolve conflicts, demands and priorities on assigned programs.
- Recognize, develop, and work to win potential follow-on work, increased scope, and additional programs within the appropriate program Customer contacts.
- Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans-forward, escalation and increased resources, as required.
- Identify and manage unique material, process, and supply chain issues related to the development of new technology hardware.
- Ensure the resulting hardware is fully qualified, documented, and ready to enter rate production.
- Communicate program status to Upper Management.
- Manage and support proposals, as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in engineering or physics preferred.
- An existing, in scope DoD Secret clearance. An existing Top Secret clearance with current SCI eligibility preferred.
- A track record of successfully managing the design, fabrication, and test of new technologies and developmental hardware as well as a proven record of success transitioning that hardware into rate production preferred.
- Experience in program and procurement management responsibilities for tactical hardware. Experience with subcontract management and supplier oversight preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully with demanding customers, difficult schedules, and technically challenging projects.
- Ability to self-start and understand the big picture as well as technical, budget and schedule issues at the detail level.
- Familiar with general government contractual requirements.
- Experience with an ISO 9001 environment.
- Ability to utilize standard program status tools including:
- Earned Value (EV) and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) including variance reporting.
- Program performance reporting status including program highlights, Cost Performance Index (CPI), Schedule Performance Index (SPI), schedule progress, technical status and Customer Relations.
- Technical Performance Metrics (TPM’s) including current progress of key technical performance parameters against requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the risk and opportunity management process as related to program plan.
- Thorough understanding of Change Control process to control, monitor and resolve internal and external changes related to Program plan.
- Comfortable and competent with MS Office computer tools including: WORD, EXCEL, PROJECT, POWERPOINT and OFFICE.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation development and delivery skills.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $132,500 - $183,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.