Program Manager - Environmental Systems at Sierra Space (Madison, WI)
Sierra Space, based in Louisville, Colorado with operations in Madison, Wisconsin, Durham, North Carolina, and Kennedy Space Center, Florida, designs and manufactures advanced spacecraft, satellites, propulsion and environmental systems, spacecraft subsystems and components for the U.S. government (including NASA), commercial customers and international organizations. Learn more about Sierra Space
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or technical related discipline
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Leadership abilities inclusive of successful change management, mentoring, career development, training, succession planning, holding people accountable, and conducting yearly reviews
- Requires ability to manage complex situations, delegate authority, lead and inspire your team, drive innovative thinking, instill collaboration, drive for success, challenge status quo, and demonstrate the ability to adapt to dynamic situations
- Requires skills in team building, time management, conflict resolution, communication, briefing, presentation, strategic thinking, marketing, and literacy in the program management disciplines.
- Experience with the evaluation of requests for proposals and/or quotes. Experience with preparing, reviewing, and submitting proposals and/or quotes.
- Understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS)
- Working knowledge of Program Management Institute Program Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Managing projects using Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), agile, and or spiral development models
- Managing projects requiring Earned Value Management
- Understanding with application tools and data architectures
- Ability to reinforce the usage & application of Corporate PM tools.
- Ability to lead PM process & tool improvement for the Enterprise.
- Ability to keep program management informed of function & process changes within project controls.
- Ability to enhance program management expertise in the staff
- Ability to establish centralized, coordinating body for PM concerns, recommendations, & issues; developing recommended process improvements; facilitating opportunities with Enterprise Program Finance
- Ability to establish new & further refining existing templates, tools, & guidelines for program documentation & execution
- Experience with ensuring compliance with approved Corporate and ISO 9001:2000 Policies and Processes
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
To conform to U.S. Government international trade regulations, applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
With 30+ years of proven spaceflight heritage, Sierra Space has provided more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components to customers worldwide, and participated in more than 500 missions to space, including to Mars. The company has technology in production and in development to enable space habitats for short- and long-duration space travel, a fleet of Dream Chaser spaceplanes, and the first free-flying commercial space station. Please visit www.sierraspace.com to learn more about Sierra Space, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
Salary Range: $95,298.10 to $131,034.89
Sierra Space offers annual incentive pay based upon performance that is commensurate with the level of the position.
Sierra Space offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities, we are taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 and associated variants pose in the workplace. SNC is committed to supporting our employees while ensuring we continue to meet essential national security needs of our country.
With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, SNC will continue to require COVID-19 vaccination status for all employees including new hires. In accordance with applicable requirements, all current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated may be required to adhere to enhanced onsite safety protocols including weekly COVID-19 testing, face coverings, and social distancing.
The status of applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements are subject to change depending on applicable court orders and the course of ongoing litigation. Candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved exemption.
At Sierra Space, our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. Sierra Space is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to Sierra Space come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.