Ardent is a software development firm, focused on high-value/ high-technology solutions for government projects and invites you to join our dynamic organization. Ardent offers competitive salaries, matching 401K, Liberal PTO and paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and a host of other benefits, creating a rewarding and fast-paced work environment.
Ardent is seeking a Program Manager to join our team. This is a remote role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organizes, directs, and manages contract operation support functions, involving multiple, complex and inter-related project tasks.
- Manages teams of contract support personnel at multiple locations.
- Maintains and manages the client interface at the senior levels of the client organization.
- Meets with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items.
- Ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs.
- Establishes and maintains technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organizes and delegates responsibilities to subordinates and oversees the successful completion of all assigned tasks.
Must Have's to be considered for this position:
- 15 years managing large/complex programs
- 5 years Agile experience
- PMI-PMP required
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- An understanding of best practices with respect to IT software development, and systems implementation (Agile);
- 10 – 15 years direct experience managing IT team, preferably within Scrum/Agile environment and with Federal background
- Experience managing large teams (20+) and revenue ($30-40M);
- Experience managing large Federal Government DevOps/DevSecOps contracts;
- Proactive problem solving, and the ability to work autonomously;
- Superb Verbal and Written Communications Skills and client facing experience;
- Attention to detail;
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment;
- Experience in managing a diverse group of functional activities, subordinate groups of technical and administrative personnel;
- Work with client decision makers on particular systems designs within the confines of client-mandated policies and governance;
- General finance, project control and project management analysis, budgeting, general accounting, cost accounting, accounts receivable, operations administration and strategic planning;
- Working knowledge of the project control disciple with the ability to complete difficult assignments.
- The successful Program Manager candidate must possess and apply expertise of multiple complex work assignments which are broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- The successful candidate must be able to plan and lead major technology assignments.
- The successful candidate will also be responsible for evaluating performance results and recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- The successful candidate will function as a technical expert across multiple project assignments and supervise others.
Education and Desired:
- Bachelors Degree in related fields, MS preferred
- PMI-ACP desired
Due to the nature of the work we support, all candidates in consideration for this role must be U.S. Citizens willing to undergo the government issued background investigation process.
In compliance with Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, able to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status.
Ardent is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.