Program Manager (Contract) at PlayStation
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Program Manager (Contract)
San Diego, CA
**This position will be fully remote until January 2021
Join us as we grow PlayStation’s direct-to-consumer platform that offers our loyal customers an outstanding purchasing experience. At PlayStation, Program Managers are responsible for leading ongoing execution and delivery of projects ranging from feature improvements to large-scale programs in partnership with business, design, engineering, product, and operational teams. In this role, you will lead multiple global initiatives in different stages of delivery, from inception through deployment. The right candidate will possess a strong program management acuity, an agile and collaborative attitude, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Culture is a key part of success here. We like to have fun while we work, and you should too!
- As a Program Manager (Contractor), own and drive end-to-end delivery of multiple cross-functional initiatives for geographically diverse engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps and risks; support team members with potentially opposing priorities while managing critical path activities.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering Development Managers, Technical Project Managers, Product Managers and Business partners.
- Clearly communicate and resolve issues with both internal and external partners.
- Track progress; resolve complex dependencies; monitor issues and risks.
- Concisely communicate status to required parties that may include broad socialization to senior management, partners and vendors.
- Demonstrate agility; pivot to address changing priorities as they emerge.
- Serve the broader program team by leading agile-based planning ceremonies and crafting efficient ways to solve communication and data management challenges.
- Enforce, develop, share and optimize standard methodologies across the team.
- 3+ years of Program Management experience driving software development
- Excellent communication, problem solving and decision making skills
- Experience delivering multiple large cross-regional and/or complex initiatives. Ability to lead both vertically and horizontally in a global organization.
- Solid understanding and experience using agile or SAFE principles and release processes.
- Ability to influence without authority
- Keen reader of people, culture and situations to take control and make things happen
- Growth mentality, ability to be innovative and adapt quickly
Strongly Desired Skills:
- Proficiency with tools in agile development (Atlassian product suite: Jira, Portfolio, DataPlane Reports, Big Picture, Confluence, and other collaboration tools like Google Apps Suite and Office 365.)
- E-commerce or Payment Industry experience preferred
- Experience integrating external partners into the architecture ecosystem.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.