Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
A key focus will be on defining and maintaining standards for project management within the Member Services organization, introducing economies of repetition in the execution of implementation and operational project activities, and driving continuous process improvements.
Responsible for providing program/project oversight, day-to-day project management, leadership, direction, and administration across the full project lifecycle (team formation, planning, requirements, design, build, test, deployment, and warranty support) on medium to large size/complexity projects.
Will work with operations, clinical, learning and development, and technical teams to ensure that all managed projects fully comply with Cityblock standards, approved business requirements, and time/cost commitments while maintaining highest levels of business and user satisfaction.
Will keep an up-to-date view of an integrated initiative roadmap for company leadership.
Requirements for the Role:
- 4+ years of project management and/or consulting experience concurrently managing multiple large projects in a technical and cross-functional environment, leading clients and team members through large complex system implementations and integrations with aggressive delivery deadlines. Healthcare, insurance, or pharmacy experience a plus.
- Ability to proactively identify and escalate critical issues that will delay progress, compromise quality, or limit the team's ability to achieve our goals.
- Ability to utilize effective communication or negotiation skills, employing diplomacy and sensitivity to resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the client, project team, or senior management
- Understanding of project and software development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum
- Analytical, data-driven approach to decision making
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence + ability to navigate large, matrixed organization
- Self starter; Ability to operate independently with minimal direction
- Deep commitment to care for vulnerable populations including dedication to improving health outcomes that matter to patients, patient and clinician experience, and health equity.
How We Define Success:
- On time, high quality delivery of all projects in our portfolio
- Detailed set of project management artifacts that are kept up to date throughout the projects
- Well informed leadership - through appropriate mix of documents, meetings, and communication
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
Experience with GSuites, Scrum, as well as Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification preferred
What We'd Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.