Atlassian is seeking a Program Manager to boost the effectiveness of our teams by leading key technical programs, championing delivery success and operationalising the product development processes in order to make our delivery hum with effectiveness and efficiency.
R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects.
As the ideal Program Manager, you are a dynamic individual who believes in delivery excellence, thrives in making order out of moving parts and understands the importance of the team work it takes to make projects successful. Alongside leaders and colleagues in the Program Management team, you will develop and apply practices, plays, and agile frameworks, to ensure successful project delivery and build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams.
A bit about the team:
The Analytics Visualization Platform is a newly formed team, with a bold mission to craft the future of our new analytics and data visualization engine that will power insights for all our products. Atlassian products are home to a treasure trove of data, and our goal is unleash the potential of data for every team. We are empowering customers to go beyond out-of-the-box reports and truly customize analytics to meet the needs of their organization.
To be successful in this role you will be able to engage with many cross-functional teams (with many varying perspectives!), to create a project that keeps the teams aligned to the strategic plan. You will need to deeply understand Atlassian's priorities, and relate them to company level business goals. You are a centre of team spirit, and you craft and implement pathways to up-level the teams working toward a common strategy.
Does this sound exciting to you? You might be the person we're looking for.
- Run priority projects, to influence the overall success of the Analytics Visualization Platform.
- Ensure the team you work with is planning and setting the right goals, and executing on those goals efficiently with good tracking and reporting methods.
- Apply good project management discipline to projects across Analytics Visualization Platform, focussing on building plans, good stakeholder engagement, dependency management and risk & issue management.
- Coach, assist and facilitate teams to enable them to continue to grow and be even more effective.
- You love running complex cross-functional projects in a fast paced environment with many moving parts
- You are able to effectively and collaboratively identify and synchronise project interdependencies across multiple teams, and navigate risks and change along the way
- You are an excellent collaborator and communicator that can expertly influence change across teams
- You're a coach, a facilitator and a multiplier, passionate about software product teams, with a focus on teamwork and how we can work better together
- You are able to prioritize and ask the right questions
- You promote a healthy decision making culture
- You know when to run with something on your own and when to ask for help
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- You have 5+ years of relevant professional experience, demonstrating success as a Project / Program Manager in a dynamic environment with globally distributed teams
- A track record of setting appropriate expectations, crisp execution, and on-time delivery
- You have the ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy
- You are familiar with Agile methodologies and are able to draw upon best practices, patterns and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a future Atlassian
- You are comfortable with change and ambiguity, and can creatively think on your feet to adapt
- Attention to detail: successful history of closing loops and delighting customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills adjusted for different audiences
More about our team
We are a team on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity, and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross-functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects. Our impact is amplified beyond delivery through our work to advance the program management craft. We band together to develop and apply practices, patterns (plays), and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.