Program Lead, Students & Grads Programs at Capital One (Washington DC)
Program Lead, Students & Grads Programs
Capital One's Student & Grads Program teams are at the forefront of attracting, sourcing, and developing future leaders. We aspire to provide a best-in-class experience for candidates, hiring teams, program associates, and business partners, and have a ton of fun along the way! Our culture and people are integral to our growth and success, where innovation is rewarded, and you can learn from talented coworkers.
We are hiring a Program Lead for our Human Resources and Management Rotation programs (HRRP and MRP). As the Program Lead, you would help build the entry level talent pipeline and cultivate new talent for a variety of job families across the company including HR, agile, risk management, process management and project management professional tracks. You would lead a team responsible for managing early career programs that help bridge the gap between college and corporate. As a leader in this space, you will serve as a critical connection point for our Student & Grads program teams, recruiting teams and broader Learning and Development organization. You will interact with our Talent Acquisition partners and Enterprise Accountable Executives to attract, develop and retain early and emerging talent.
We are looking for an exceptional Program Lead to deliver our full time and internship programs driving functions such as training and development, networking through the enterprise, and facilitating talent movement. The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing early career talent and proven experience leading projects and processes in a well-managed way.
Core responsibilities will vary, but may include:
- Serve as a people leader for direct reports, empowering and inspiring the team to deliver their best work each day, establishing a team environment where each team member feels included and valued, and managing all talent and performance management activities
- Deliver the core experience and curriculum for the HR and Management Rotation Program associates and interns
- Partner with team and leaders on developing the strategic direction for your respective programs / processes, which may include defining team scope and impact, strengthening partner interaction models, and communicating team goals across the organization and relevant stakeholders
- Manage stakeholder relationships and influence leaders across partner groups
- Set strategies to ensure Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are prioritized throughout the intern and associate experience
- Consult and problem solve across your program team and the broader Learning and Development and Student & Grad organizations
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of people leadership experience
- At least 3 years of program management, client facing, or consulting experience, or a combination
- At least 5 years of program management, client facing, or consulting experience, or a combination
- At least 3 years of experience in Human Resources or Human Capital Consulting
- Significant experience analyzing metrics, trends, and survey data, and using them to make strategic changes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).