Professional Services Project Manager at FIS (Orlando, FL)
As the world works and lives faster, FIS is leading the way. Our fintech solutions touch nearly every market, company, and person on the planet. Our teams are inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues work together and celebrate together. If you want to advance the world of fintech, we'd like to ask you: Are you FIS?
About the role:
The Payment Software Professional Services practice within FIS' Fintech Solutions organization leads Financial Service firms and industry leaders (partners) on their implementation of our next-generation cloud native solutions. The Project Manager is responsible for understanding how our technology will help our partners meet their objectives, establishing a project execution framework using a defined methodology, and satisfactorily implementing "off the shelf" or customized components as agreed upon by stakeholders. While core Project Management skills are vital to your success, you will also need to possess a strong strategic mindset and interpersonal skills to effectively meet near term and long-term stakeholder expectations.
About the team:
The Payment Software Professional Services practice primarily represents a highly skilled concentration of Subject Matter Experts, Senior Developers, and Specialist Project Managers who tackle fintech's unique challenges by way of bespoke implementations of FIS' software. The team and its capabilities are growing rapidly in order to adapt to market demand for FIS' software and services. Successful colleagues execute in a fast-paced environment and exemplify the highest degree of collaboration, communication, and transparency.
What will you be doing:
- You will plan and coordinate all aspects of projects from initiation through delivery.
- You will develop, define, and execute project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets, and deliverables.
- Identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles.
- Creates project charters to identify project scope, critical success factors, risks, etc.
- Manages the project work plan and holds the team and project resources accountable to variances in budget and hours.
- Possess thorough understanding of estimation, letters of agreement, master service agreements, staffing model, average bill rates and cost structure by level.
- Interacts with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams.
- Oversees schedules and budgets to ensure goal attainment.
- Ensures requirements for internal technology projects align to operational standards. Develops alternate requirements or document exceptions as appropriate.
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, other internal departments and client or vendor/subcontractor organizations as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope.
- Manages project risks, issues/problems, and activity progress to ensure project goals, e.g., deadline, scope and quality are achieved. Assists with problem resolution or risk mitigation as needed.
- May include managing the customization of base products to meet client requirements, system integration with other FIS or third-party products or consulting projects and engagements.
- Delivers informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups in FIS and/or in client organizations.
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps or areas for improvement, recommends and implements solutions.
- May work at client sites from time to time requiring some travel.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems or business administration or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- 10+ years' experience as a project manager
- 5+ years' in a leadership capacity, staff management and P/L responsibility is ideal
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification may be required
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes, procedures, and guidelines
- Knowledge of the industry project management best practices, e.g., Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- Knowledge of various types of IT project methodologies and life cycles, e.g., conversions, incremental, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and the correct project application
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry, e.g., ISO, CMM, Six Sigma
- Advanced skill in the use of project management software to manage projects, e.g., MS Project and auxiliary tools, such as earned value database, audit tools, project repository, including risk, issues and action items database, SLIM Estimate, Metrics and Control, PlanView, Platinum Process Continuum
- Demonstrated skill in managing project budgets and timelines
- Skill in the use of negotiation techniques to reach agreement when there are widely differing viewpoints
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, team, conflict management and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with executive level clients
- Ability to set clear expectations, manage team performance and build high morale among team members
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and carry out assignments that are sensitive in nature
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of Payments Processing standards, components, and industry trends
- Experience in a hybrid development (Agile and Waterfall) environments
- Knowledge of company's products and services
What we offer: A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the chance to shape the future of fintech. At FIS we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.