GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Manage high-complexity projects to successful completion from initiation through delivery to closure. The Gitlab Consulting team is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the Professional Services team to work with our global customers. In this role, you will coordinate with cross-functional teams to complete distinct projects both on time and within budget. You'll need to have substantial experience managing IT and software consulting projects and relying on traditional systems and software development methodologies, as well as practical experience with agile project management methodologies.Responsibilities
- Develop and manage schedules to deliver technical and consulting services to GitLab customers
- Manage customer expectations, project scope, and resources needed to successfully deliver to customers’ needs
- Develop and communicate project, portfolio, and program status, risks and issues to all levels of stakeholders, ranging from technical staff to executives
- Manage customer escalations, coordinating with customers and GitLab stakeholders (e.g., executive team, sales, technical account managers, etc.)
- Be accountable for reliable and repeatable program delivery processes, metrics and operational procedures
- Act as a liaison to subcontractors and/or delivery partners
- Develop a foundational knowledge of Gitlab’s technologies
- Maintain an awareness of emerging Gitlab's technologies
- Knowledge of specific industry project management and technical delivery methodologies for software (e.g., Project Management Institute (PMI) methodologies, agile/scrum, and/or software SDLC)
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field
- Demonstrated progressive experience working as a project manager on IT-based projects
- Demonstrated progressive experience managing projects with external customers or clients, preferably enterprise customers. Professional Services experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate the advisor team and individual contributors and mediate conflicts
- Experience using various project management and/or agile tools
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, preferably experience in an agile and/or DevOps environment
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Willingness to be present on customer sites and to travel up to 20%
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with a member of our Recruiting team.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the hiring manager
- For the Professional Services Project Manager role, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with a Customer Success peer and may be asked to participate in a demo of a live install of GitLab.
- For the Federal Professional Services Project Manager role, candidates will be invited to schedule interviews with members of the Customer Success team and our Federal Regional Sales Director.
- Candidates may be invited to schedule an interview with our Senior Director of Professional Services
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.