Professional Services EDI Consultant at Epicor
We’re here for the hard-working businesses that keep the world turning. They’re the companies who make, deliver, and sell the things we all need. They trust Epicor to help them do business better. Their industries are our industries, and we understand them better than anyone. By working hand-in-hand with our customers, we get to know their business almost as well as they do. Our innovative solution sets are carefully curated to fit their needs, and built to respond flexibly to their fast-changing reality. We accelerate every customer’s ambitions, whether to grow and transform, or simply become more productive and effective. That’s what makes us the essential partners for the world’s most essential businesses.
About the Role:
The EDI Consultant is the main point of contact for client’s onboarding or support and is responsible for providing functional and technical EDI consulting services for implementation projects. The EDI Consultant is responsible for project and/or problem analysis and for identification, implementation, testing, deployment and documentation of the client and their trading partners.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of client’s EDI system
- Build end enhance client relationships through the day to day interactions
- Interact with new or existing clients and trading partners to capture and analyze requirements, mapping specifications, project objectives and on-boarding activities through go-live;
- Gather assigned clients’ data, execute implementation guidelines and requirements within the allocated timeframe, while providing appropriate status updates to the client(s);
- Maintain project documentation and provide time/effort estimates for add-on Trading Partners
- Setup communications for EDI transmissions – including but not limited to: AS2, FTP and VAN setups;
- Mapping documents to and from various formats including but not limited to ANSI X12, XML, and flat file layouts utilizing ODBC connectivity;
- Provide on-going training and technical support to clients, while evaluating impact and analysis for future improvements;
- Troubleshoot and coordinate efficient resolutions and evaluation to errors and issues found internally, or by the client;
- Effectively build on current support and services by enhancing the performance of the client services organization;
- Perform additional responsibilities as assigned, or when current responsibilities are changed with or without notice.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Strong, clear and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to write technical and operational process documentation, as needed
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction, collaboration and self-learning
- Excellent multi-tasking skills requires to carry out multiple client projects at one time
- Highly collaborative approach with team members, management, and colleagues; must be an active and participative team member committed to the success of the entire team and not just individual goals
- Uses analytical and effective problem solving and decision making to reach an appropriate resolution
- Excellent interpersonal skills in one-on-one situations and groups with all levels of both the internal and customer organizations
- Operational Excellence: Consistently execute on projects, tasks, and other deliverables in an efficient manner; remove, reduce, or effectively navigate processes to prevent unnecessary delays; continuously focus on improving business processes; use data and facts to guide decision making.
- Strategic Thinking: demonstrate awareness of the impact of own work on aspects of the Company's strategy and the impact of the Company's strategy on own work; identifies implications of own analysis.
- Change Leadership/Agility: Adapt appropriately to changing conditions; seek innovative ways to change and improve; provide consistent and calm leadership during times of turbulent or unexpected change; help team members understand perspective and reason changes are necessary.
- Resilience: Continuing to perform effectively when faced with time pressures, adversity, disappointment, or opposition. Remain focused, composed, and optimistic in difficult situations and bounces back from failures or disappointments.
Additional Skills to Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Programming preferred or equivalent year of experience
- Minimum 2 years professional experience in project management or an implementation role
- Minimum 2 years professional experience working with external clients in a customer support team environment
- EDI, ERP implementation, or integration experience a plus
- EDI industry knowledge and understanding preferred
- Knowledge of various file transfer protocols: AS2, FTP and VAN
- Knowledge of various EDI standards: ANSI X12 EDI, a plus
Position Type, Expected Location and Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position and hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require additional hours outside of the standard work schedule. Responsibilities occasionally may require overtime, holiday, evening and/or weekend hours in order to meet deadlines or to accommodate clients.
With almost five decades of industry experience, Epicor is the leader in Enterprise Resource Planning. Now is an exciting moment of transformation for our teams as we are well on our way to becoming the cloud vendor of choice. As we work to enable a world of better business through the power of collaboration, you will have all new opportunities for internal mobility, to develop and sharpen your skills, and to work interdepartmentally on a global level. Check out what some of our employees are saying about internal mobility at Epicor here.